Folx delay before downloading(Read 8407 times)
Folx delay before downloading on: June 19, 2013, 08:23:58 PM
I'm using Safari 6.05 and I've been noticing for some time that when attempting to download anything in Safari using Folx Pro 2.0.1030 there is an unusually long delay before the download begins. Sometimes it's a minute or longer before the download begins and the browser is hung up until the download starts. It's incredibly frustrating and the delay is so long sometimes that it outweighs any speed benefit from using Folx. Is this normal behavior? If not, what can I do about it?

Re: Folx delay before downloading Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 10:00:26 AM
Sometimes it may take time for Folx to catch download link from the browser.  Also this issue may occur only with specific site or specific files.

Please provide us with a few examples of such links, so we could investigate this issue on our side.

Re: Folx delay before downloading Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 04:33:10 PM
Here are the URLs for two recent downloads. I experienced long delays with both of them before Folx began downloading (truthfully, it happens with every download):

http://doceri.com/DoceriDesktop/v.2.0.12/Doceri_Desktop_2.0.12.zip
https://s3.amazonaws.com/Noodlesoft/Hazel-3.1.dmg

Re: Folx delay before downloading Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 02:06:09 PM
Thank you for you reply.
We have downloaded both files without any issues. Please check if Folx plugin is enabled in your browser.
Open Safari Preferences, choose  Extensions tab and check if Folx Safari Extension 1.0 is installed and enabled.

Re: Folx delay before downloading Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 12:15:39 AM
Yes, it is enabled. I even tried disabling all other Safari extensions but no change. Folx is launching when I click a download link, but when I click on Folx itself, the app is unresponsive as well for a minute or more. I've already uninstalled the app using the uninstaller and reinstalled but it's still showing an unusually long delay before responding.

Re: Folx delay before downloading Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 05:06:20 PM
Please check also the following:

Open Safari, click "Help" in the menu bar and click "Installed Plug-ins"
Check if "Folx Downloader Netscape plug-in" is present in the list of plugins.

Then do the next steps:

Open Folx Preferences, choose "Types" tab, disable "Use Folx to catch download links in browsers" checkbox.

Restart both Folx and Safari. Then enable "Use Folx to catch download links in browsers" checkbox and restart Folx and Safari once again. This should resolve this issue. Reproduce the issue and let me know about the results.

Re: Folx delay before downloading Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 05:26:21 PM
The Folx Netscape plug was installed. I've followed your process of disabling, restarting and re-enabling both Folx and Safari and I'll test it out over the next day or so and will let you know. Thanks.

Re: Folx delay before downloading Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 09:55:08 AM
Thank you. We will wait your reply.

Re: Folx delay before downloading Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 06:34:35 PM
It actually does seem to be improved. Obviously, I'll keep my eye on this moving forward and will repost if this develops again. Thank you for you assistance with this.  ;D

Re: Folx delay before downloading Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 03:38:48 PM
I'm now using Folx 3 Pro and it has the same problem as 2--It takes forever to autolaunch and seems to bring the whole computer to a standstill. Even when it does launch, the download doesn't start right away. With my latest download, it took so long that I quit Folx. On relaunch, the download was queued and finally began. I'm finding this completely unusable.

Re: Folx delay before downloading Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 10:21:28 AM
Hello,

What Mac OS X is installed on your Mac?
Please send a screenshot of your Folx "About" screen to our support email "support@eltima.com".
Send us a download link to the file which Folx couldn't start automatically.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5