Syncmate mangles contacts with email only(Read 6544 times)
Syncmate mangles contacts with email only on: January 05, 2011, 09:11:22 PM
The first time I ran Syncmate 2.6 to put my Address Book on a new Macbook, a bunch of conracts marked "no name" popped up on the source computer (iMac). I was not sufficiently alarmed. I then ran a couple more sysncs, making a change on each computer to check the syncing went both ways, after which I noticed, again on the iMac, that I had a whole bunch of new contacts, each with no name and with several email addresses. I finally put two and two together and realized that all these addresses were from entries that had ONLY an email address. I stopped using Syncmate at that point, before it could completely mangle my entire address book. Luckily  had a recent backup.

Can you give me any hope that Syncmate can be made to work? I really like the parts that work correctly.

Re: Syncmate mangles contacts with email only Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 12:13:24 PM
Would you please, specify which exactly build of SyncMate you're using and whether you've also enabled syncing with your Google account?

Re: Syncmate mangles contacts with email only Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 08:41:23 PM
CAn we group all issues related to Syncmate in one place so We could see when some changes or posts are made?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5