Any plans for reinstating torrents in Folx3?(Read 6553 times)
Any plans for reinstating torrents in Folx3? on: January 23, 2014, 12:02:05 AM
Why was the torrent download function removed from version 3?  Any plans to bring it back in the near future?

Re: Any plans for reinstating torrents in Folx3? Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 09:59:15 AM
Hello,

We have removed torrents from Folx 3 temporarily. We are already working to bring torrents back, but we need to fix some bugs and do some optimization.

Meanwhile you can use Folx 2 for torrents if necessary and Folx 3 for general downloads.

Re: Any plans for reinstating torrents in Folx3? Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 11:56:29 AM
Good news!  Will the torrent support allow seeding through a proxy?

Re: Any plans for reinstating torrents in Folx3? Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 02:08:48 PM
I'm sorry, but torrent support won't allow to seed torrent files through a proxy in Folx 3.

Re: Any plans for reinstating torrents in Folx3? Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 02:17:27 PM
Dang.....too hard to program or some other issue that prevents it?

Re: Any plans for reinstating torrents in Folx3? Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 01:01:39 AM
So is that why I can't download anything? I just paid for the 3.0 pro version 3 days ago and it's useless to me.
Is there an ETA of when this will be available again? I would hate to think that I paid for the upgrade for no reason after using 2.0 for so long, and I don't want to cancel the credit card payment.

Hello,

We have removed torrents from Folx 3 temporarily. We are already working to bring torrents back, but we need to fix some bugs and do some optimization.

Meanwhile you can use Folx 2 for torrents if necessary and Folx 3 for general downloads.

Re: Any plans for reinstating torrents in Folx3? Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 10:03:00 AM
fhall1,
Some torrent trackers ban users for using proxy. Anyway, I have passed the suggestion to add this feature in the future.

dd0723@yahoo.com,
I'm sorry but we don't have any ETA yet. Our Development team is working to add this feature as soon as possible, but I think it may take a couple of months to do all the testing and optimization. You will receive the update with torrents module for free, since you have already purchased Folx 3.

Re: Any plans for reinstating torrents in Folx3? Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 11:52:17 AM
fhall1,
Some torrent trackers ban users for using proxy. Anyway, I have passed the suggestion to add this feature in the future.

Others will ban you for not seeding...I'd rather be able to seed and take my chances about them banning me through a proxy.  I can always turn the proxy off, but I can't turn on a feature I don't have.  Thanks for passing on the request!

Re: Any plans for reinstating torrents in Folx3? Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 07:57:54 PM
Thank you for your response James. I love fold too much and I depend on it for my daily tasks, so no worries, I will not cancel my upgrade. I'm sure since I'm a registered upgrade that when it's ready I will receive an email. In the meantime I continue to use 2.0 until 3.0 pro is ready.
Thank you so much for all your hard work and a great product.

Damian

fhall1,

mailto:dd0723@yahoo.com,
I'm sorry but we don't have any ETA yet. Our Development team is working to add this feature as soon as possible, but I think it may take a couple of months to do all the testing and optimization. You will receive the update with torrents module for free, since you have already purchased Folx 3.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5