Typeeto and PS4?(Read 7997 times)
Typeeto and PS4? on: October 14, 2015, 04:10:05 PM
I have Typeeto working with my iOS devices, but I can't get a connection to my PS4.

When I try and pair my Macbook Pro to the PS4 I get the error, "Cannot find a profile supported by the PS4."

any help would be appreciated.
thank you

Re: Typeeto and PS4? Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 01:07:16 PM
Hello,

I'm sorry but unfortunately PS4 doesn't allow to establish connection between Macbook and PS4 via Bluetooth and you can't use Typeeto with it.

Hope for your understanding.

Re: Typeeto and PS4? Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 08:15:48 PM
I'm not super upset since I can use Typeeto one my other devices but with your reply why wouldn't you put a list of the products that you have confirmed it doesn't work on?

Also, why is there an image of a Playstation controller on the product page?

Thank you.

Re: Typeeto and PS4? Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 03:45:06 PM
Well for me seeing the PS4 advertised as a supported platform was the only reason I bought it. If you go to the Mac App Store it's very easy to request a refund on this basis, which I just did. This isn't overselling, this is fraudulent.

Re: Typeeto and PS4? Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 05:13:09 PM
Dear kleerkoat, vivify.

We have tested Typeeto with PS4 and PS3 and confirm that these devices are not supported due to the limitations of Sony PS proprietary system. We do not advertise that Typeeto supports them, it supports X-box 360 and it may support  other consoles.

But you are right, I have passed the suggestion to add a note on our site that Sony Playstation doesn't work with Typeeto.

Hope for your understanding.

Re: Typeeto and PS4? Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 06:09:32 PM
Yes, you have. You have a picture of a Playstation 4 joypad with its trademark shape and touchpad. That is stating that it is supported. You must remove that as well as changing the description.

Re: Typeeto and PS4? Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 01:54:30 AM
sorry, but this is almost comical.

it doesn't support PS3 or PS4 but on the product page there is an image of a PS3 controller, and in the device listing there is a generic universal icon representing a Playstation controller. like vivify said, that kind of qualifies as an advertisement. doesn't it?

........it supports X-box 360 and it may support  other consoles...........

what is with the "may"? either it supports a console or not! stop with the ambiguous statements.

I think you should tell the marketing team to just remove that it supports consoles completely since you can only confirm that only one of them actually works.

end of my rant on the subject.

Re: Typeeto and PS4? Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 11:33:58 PM
I'd like to thank you for putting a notice on the website about Playstation connectivity.

I also noticed the banner that mentions that you are working on a solution for the problem. Even if it doesn't work out because of something on Sony's end, I really appreciate your efforts.

Thank you!

edit: would this turn of events happen to relate to Sony announcing PC/MAC Remote Play coming up?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 11:42:55 PM by kleerkoat »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5