ElmediaPlayer/CommanderOne - add features to the app(Read 4854 times)
Hello there,
Thanks for the good app first of all!  ;)

1. Could you please add following functionality: quit app automatically when last file closed, i.e. no icon in Dock.
2. Add a check box "Don't save history" in "Preferences... actually, I don't like when player start something from the "history" I don't ask to play... especially when content is for adults only. Hope you understand me what I'm talking about...
(I have purchased iTunes AppStore version).

## Знаете, очень не комфортно чувствуешь себя когда вдруг "взрослый" фильм начинает проигрываться автоматически после просмотра мультяшки с ребенком... согласитесь

3. When I trying to delete folder in root on plugged external drive, Commander One do nothing, but I can do it in Finder by entering password... Could you add dialog box for typing password to complete action?

Thanks!

p.s. Add Russian/Ukrainian language support for Commander One... then I will buy it too  ;)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 03:37:32 PM by sergii »

Re: ElmediaPlayer/CommanderOne - add features to the app Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 01:57:35 PM
Hello,

1. Could you please add following functionality: quit app automatically when last file closed, i.e. no icon in Dock.

We greatly appreciate your feedback. We will certainly consider adding the features that you mentioned in the future updates of Elmedia Player.

2. Add a check box "Don't save history" in "Preferences... actually, I don't like when player start something from the "history" I don't ask to play... especially when content is for adults only. Hope you understand me what I'm talking about...
(I have purchased iTunes AppStore version).

If you do not want Elmedia Player to save your downloads history, then you need to open Preferences and remove the ticks from the following checkboxes: 1) Add downloaded files to playlist automatically; 2) Autoplay files added to playlist.

3. When I trying to delete folder in root on plugged external drive, Commander One do nothing, but I can do it in Finder by entering password... Could you add dialog box for typing password to complete action?

When you have to delete a file, which requires a confirmation by entering the user password, please restart Commander One as root (http://wiki.eltima.com/user-guides/commander/restart-as-root.html) and repeat the action.

p.s. Add Russian/Ukrainian language support for Commander One... then I will buy it too  ;)

Russian localization will be added in the following update of the app. Please stay tuned.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 02:12:37 PM by Jaroslaw Kladko »

Re: ElmediaPlayer/CommanderOne - add features to the app Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 08:46:37 PM
If you do not want Elmedia Player to save your downloads history, then you need to open Preferences and remove the ticks from the following checkboxes: 1) Add downloaded files to playlist automatically; 2) Autoplay files added to playlist.

1. "downloaded" - is not the same as played!... player add all played files in playlist.
2. I clear history of played files, but some files appears in history when I launch app again... how to solve this issue?

Re: ElmediaPlayer/CommanderOne - add features to the app Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 09:02:53 PM
When you have to delete a file, which requires a confirmation by entering the user password, please restart Commander One as root (http://wiki.eltima.com/user-guides/commander/restart-as-root.html) and repeat the action.

I don't have this in Command menu...

Re: ElmediaPlayer/CommanderOne - add features to the app Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 02:36:47 PM
1. "downloaded" - is not the same as played!... player add all played files in playlist.

Please accept my apologies for the occurred misunderstanding. To make sure that the opened file is not included in the playlist, you should uncheck the "Automatically add files to playlist on opening" box in Elmedia Player Preferences -> General.

2. I clear history of played files, but some files appears in history when I launch app again... how to solve this issue?

To take a closer look at this issue, could you please send us some additional info via email (support@eltima.com) ?

* A screenshot (hit Cmd+Shift+3) of Elmedia Player 'About' screen;

* A screencast that illustrates the issue. You can capture a video using QuickTime on your Mac or/and Jing service: http://www.techsmith.com/jing/free/.

I don't have this in Command menu...

I may assume that you are using the App Store license of Commander One, which does not have a "Restart as root" option. This version is a bit more limited, comparing to the version from our web-site, due to App sandbox restrictions.

I am sorry, but it means that you cannot remove files, which require password confirmation, using an App Store edition of Commander One.

If this feature is crucial for you, we could provide you with a Personal license for a web-site edition of Commander One. If you are interested in this offer, please contact us at support@eltima.com, and we will supply you with the further details.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5