Commander One - good, but....(Read 8755 times)
Commander One - good, but.... on: April 21, 2016, 05:01:27 PM
I have looked at Commander One, and potentially it is a really useful app for Mac.  However, there are 2 absolute showstoppers for me.
1) no ability to change the editor from Textedit.  This is major as if smart quotes are switched on in OS X, then Textedit can mess up config files by inserting 'curly quotes'.
2) no saving of edits to files stored on ftp servers.
Hmmm... come on guys, surely these can't be too hard to implement!

Re: Commander One - good, but.... Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 10:38:55 AM
Thank you for leaving a comment.

1) no ability to change the editor from Textedit.  This is major as if smart quotes are switched on in OS X, then Textedit can mess up config files by inserting 'curly quotes'.
2) no saving of edits to files stored on ftp servers.

These features will definitely be included in the future updates of the app.

Re: Commander One - good, but.... Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 06:31:28 PM
Do you think sooner updates rather than later ones?

Re: Commander One - good, but.... Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 11:36:41 AM
Sorry, but we have no specific time frame set for it yet.

Re: Commander One - good, but.... Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 03:30:48 PM
Hello, @Bogdan Bogowski
Just bought 3 of your products
- One commander PRO (already bought though) but no mention about the PRO features ? WTF ?
- Folx
- Eltima player PRO
I really need explanations about the release 1.5.2 of One commander I was trying (before buying) and the download of the release 1.5.1 you gave me after purchasing it (pro). I even can't enter the serial number, so I can't use the Pro features. A bit difficult to understand the way you manage licenses. My Eltima Software Order 92494855 I was only asking at first the PRO features that I don't have.  :( >:(
@loverdose

Re: Commander One - good, but.... Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 09:59:31 AM
Hi Alain! It looks like you are trying to activate a version of Commander One from App Store, instead of non-MAS version.

Please download and install Commander One from here: http://mac.eltima.com/commander-one-download.html

Then use your activation code to activate a Pro Pack.

Here you can find more info about Pro Pack activation: http://wiki.eltima.com/user-guides/commander/activation.html

Re: Commander One - good, but.... Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 03:57:28 PM
Just a thought, but a hack in the mean time to fix the textedit issue...
I did test this and it 'does' work.

If you move
/Applications/TextEdit.app
to
/Applications/TextEdit2.app

then create a symlink sourcing preferred editor
ln -s /opt//homebrew-cask/Caskroom/gedit/3.2.6-3/gedit.app /Applications/TextEdit.app

I was able to use commanderone to 'edit' a file and it properly opened up in my 'gedit' application.
and 'TextEdit2' is still found naturally in spotlight search

ls /Applications/ | grep TextEdit
lrwxr-xr-x   1 user  admin    52B Jun 15 08:53 TextEdit.app -> /opt//homebrew-cask/Caskroom/gedit/3.2.6-3/gedit.app
drwxr-xr-x+  3 root      wheel   102B Sep  9  2014 TextEdit2.app

« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 04:00:06 PM by spezticle »

Re: Commander One - good, but.... Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 01:59:00 PM
I did test this and it 'does' work. …
Thanks, @spezticle
Alas it is too technical for my poor small neurons. :-[
@loverdose

Re: Commander One - good, but.... Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 03:10:21 AM
I did test this and it 'does' work.

If you move
/Applications/TextEdit.app
to
/Applications/TextEdit2.app

then create a symlink sourcing preferred editor
ln -s /opt//homebrew-cask/Caskroom/gedit/3.2.6-3/gedit.app /Applications/TextEdit.app

I was able to use commanderone to 'edit' a file and it properly opened up in my 'gedit' application.
and 'TextEdit2' is still found naturally in spotlight search

ls /Applications/ | grep TextEdit
lrwxr-xr-x   1 user  admin    52B Jun 15 08:53 TextEdit.app -> /opt//homebrew-cask/Caskroom/gedit/3.2.6-3/gedit.app
drwxr-xr-x+  3 root      wheel   102B Sep  9  2014 TextEdit2.app

Also on OS X El Capitan you will not be able to move or rename TextEdit.app, it is protected by the system. You have to disable System Integrity Protection first:
http://www.macworld.com/article/2986118/security/how-to-modify-system-integrity-protection-in-el-capitan.html

Re: Commander One - good, but.... Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 03:12:40 AM
And guys, it is really a shame that it takes you such a long time to implement such a basic functionality as setting up external editor for F4. I mean like any other FREE file managers have this really important feature and you cannot implement it for PAYING customers??? You even have no idea when this feature will be available. Really???

If you think it is a hassle to add it to your Preferences UI - it's OK. At least expose it through ~/Library/Preferences in .plist file entry, instead of keeping it hardcoded in your code, should take few hours of work at most (I'm Mac developer as well) and it will keep many customers happy.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 07:56:32 AM by bugminator »

Re: Commander One - good, but.... Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 11:05:21 AM
We will do our best to implement this feature in the next update (which is likely to be ready in August).

Re: Commander One - good, but.... Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 07:12:13 PM
We will do our best to implement this feature in the next update (which is likely to be ready in August).

Awesome. Thanks! Great commander by the way (for us who love orthodox file managers), so far the best one for Mac and I tried all of them.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 07:21:22 PM by bugminator »

Re: Commander One - good, but.... Reply #12 on: September 01, 2016, 11:30:01 PM

Still on track?

Re: Commander One - good, but.... Reply #13 on: September 09, 2016, 09:50:13 AM
The update is almost ready and should be released any time soon. Please stay tuned.

Re: Commander One - good, but.... Reply #14 on: September 23, 2016, 08:43:49 PM
The update is almost ready and should be released any time soon. Please stay tuned.

Got an update today. Finally I can edit with Sublime by pressing F4. Thank you for a great work!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5