Bugs & Features(Read 5360 times)
Bugs & Features on: July 25, 2016, 10:50:29 PM
Hi,

I try your application Commander One and gather some feature || bug requests.
Unfortunately current version (1.5.2.2055) contains nasty bug which make it unusable (first in list).

Bugs

* Sometimes show folder content are very slow (maybe its first open) - I waiting for one folder with 18 directoris about 6 minutes
* If enter is mapping to some action (on 'Rename file' in my case) then didn't work as default action in 'Expand selection' or 'Shrink selection' dialogs
* If enter to rename file mode and press key which is defined as shortcut then shortcut action proceeds instead of insert requested key
** examples: char '-' as shortcut to 'Remove selection'
** spacebar as shortcut for Quicklook

* Same shortcut problem is in Terminal emulator input

Features

* Make window more macOS modern style with
* Allow more view options in panels
** Relative dates
** Group folders (currently on, folders are grouped together but i like Finder style folders mixed with files and sorted by name)
** Change icon size with font size
* Using outline view for Full view (like in macOS open dialog, allows expand folders)
* Multiple file rename dialog

Preferences

* Multiple key bindings
* In appereance allow change window appereance to light (NSAppearanceNameVibrantLight) or dark (NSAppearanceNameVibrantDark)

I use version 1.5.2.2055 (Free Version, downloaded) and same PRO from AppStore

Re: Bugs & Features Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 11:52:05 AM
Hi,

Thank you for leaving a comment.

* Sometimes show folder content are very slow (maybe its first open) - I waiting for one folder with 18 directoris about 6 minutes

What folder? Where is it located (local drive, FTP server, Dropbox, etc.) ?

* If enter is mapping to some action (on 'Rename file' in my case) then didn't work as default action in 'Expand selection' or 'Shrink selection' dialogs

We will fix it in the next update.

* If enter to rename file mode and press key which is defined as shortcut then shortcut action proceeds instead of insert requested key

Hotkeys must contain at least one modifier key.

** examples: char '-' as shortcut to 'Remove selection'

We could not reproduce this issue with the web-site edition of Commander One. In the App Store version the shortcut capabilities are limited due to App sandbox restrictions.

** spacebar as shortcut for Quicklook

We will fix it in the next update.

* Same shortcut problem is in Terminal emulator input

We will do our best to fix it in the future updates of the app.

* Make window more macOS modern style with

I'll pass this suggestion on to our Commander One team for consideration as we work on future improvements.

* Allow more view options in panels
** Relative dates

Please enlarge the date column size.

** Group folders (currently on, folders are grouped together but i like Finder style folders mixed with files and sorted by name)

Please go to Commander One preferences -> View and uncheck the "Show folders on top" box.

** Change icon size with font size

Thank you for pointing that out. We will consider implementing this in the future updates.

* Using outline view for Full view (like in macOS open dialog, allows expand folders)

Most likely we will implement this as a separate view mode in future.

* Multiple file rename dialog

This feature is already in our "to do" list.

Preferences
* Multiple key bindings

Could you please explain your request in more detail? It is already possible to assign 2 hotkeys for the same action.

* In appereance allow change window appereance to light (NSAppearanceNameVibrantLight) or dark (NSAppearanceNameVibrantDark)

Thank you, we will consider implementing this feature.

Re: Bugs & Features Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 10:59:01 AM
What folder? Where is it located (local drive, FTP server, Dropbox, etc.) ?

This problem is on local drive. I record video with some browsing, but some folders newer show its content, only solution is open new tab.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eyy107mcefyim9o/commanderone.mov?dl=0

Re: Bugs & Features Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 02:44:56 PM
I record video with some browsing, but some folders newer show its content, only solution is open new tab.

Sorry, but we haven't noticed this issue after watching the video you had made.

Commander One hangs a bit, when you open a "workspace" folder, since it may contain a lot of files or the system slowly returns the attributes for some files.

Re: Bugs & Features Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 08:16:14 PM
Small bug:

When I open Google Drive panel - [Tab] button stops working to switch between panels. Have to use mouse to click.

Re: Bugs & Features Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 05:48:21 AM
I can't save file which is in the .tar file。

Re: Bugs & Features Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 01:09:27 PM
When I open Google Drive panel - [Tab] button stops working to switch between panels. Have to use mouse to click.

I am sorry, but we could not reproduce the issue.

- What edition (from App Store or our web-site) and version number of Commander One is installed on your Mac?

- Could you please send us the console log?

1) launch Console.app;
2) select "Clear display" in the console;
3) launch Commander One;
4) reproduce the issue;
5) copy and send us the records from the console.

I can't save file which is in the .tar file。

Can you please elaborate more on this issue?

Thanks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5