CloudMounter has 54 failed uploads: how can I tell what files failed?(Read 2732 times)
Howdy,

I recently attempted a moderately large upload to Google Drive using CloudMounter (~28.33GB for 38,346 items), but CloudMounter is telling me 54 files failed to upload and while I am given the option to retry them (which I tried: they all just fail again) or to cancel them I don't see any way to find out what specific files are having problems.

Is there any way to get a list of the 54 files that failed to upload?

I checked the ~/Library/Application Support/com.eltima.cloudmounter/.uploads folder and I see 26,409 files spanning 6.32 GB (CloudMounter does say 6.32 GB used for cache), all of them with crazy scrambled names and not openable.

Thanks,
-Zach

If you are not able to find these files on your Mac, you can open your mounted drives in Finder. There will be special icons on your files: the files marked with yellow icons are the ones that failed to upload.

In order to enable status icons in Finder, navigate to System Preferences → Extensions → Finder and check the box next to CloudMounter Extension:

eltima.com/wiki/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/cm-extension-enable.png

Thanks Karina. Fortunately, most of the files were in only a couple of folders so it was easy to track them down. If it had been many more files than 54 I probably would've preferred a log file listing them out, but it my case it turned out to be pretty easy to wrangle.

I would like to inform you that this scenario will be improved within the next updates of the app.

Fantastic! Thanks for the info.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5