App built with Flash'in'App is not passing Mac AppStore validation(Read 22043 times)
Dear, Eltima team,

We have found FlashInApp to be the ideal tool to publish our Flash/Mac app to the AppStore.
This is the article we were inspired with
http://blog.eltima.com/2011/08/add-your-app-to-mac-app-store-flashinapp-will-assist.html

After 3 days of integration of FlashInApp in our application we immediately bought it (today!).
On my MacBook our app runs smoothly without Flash installed on the system.

After the app was prepared for the release we went to AppStore submission process.
However to our surprise the app was not passing the validation step!
The validation wizard stops with the following error.

"The application bundle contains a tool or a framework using this bundle identifier 'com.macromedia.Flash Plugin.plugin',
which is not a valid bundle identifier".
See the screenshot below.

After 3 days of development that was a knock out :)

Why 'com.macromedia.Flash Plugin.plugin' is not a valid identifier?
Is there a way to change the identifier?

Can you help us to overcome this obstacle?
I know you have managed to publish a couple of your own applications to AppStore,
namely Soufle and Flash Decompiler.

While preparing our app for AppStore submission process we were following your guidelines in the Troubleshooting
section of FlashInApp Programming guide from this page
http://wiki.eltima.com/user-guides/flash-in-app-macos/troubleshooting.html

Flash Plugin version: 10.3.183.7

Pasha, RepkaSoft

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:38:00 PM by italiano »

Re: App built with Flash'in'App is not passing Mac AppStore validation Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 03:42:09 PM
Dear Pasha,

Let me inform you that due to some peculiarities of Apple policy regarding Adobe Flash components in App Store applications, the only way to achieve your goal and submit your application to App Store is to follow the instruction below:
http://wiki.eltima.com/user-guides/flash-in-app-macos/troubleshooting.html (refer to the last paragraph)

As can be derived from it: "If you are going to distribute your software (with Flash'In'App embedded) via AppStore, pay attention to the following fact:

Flash Player.plugin should be always placed inside the bundle. It can be achieved as follows:

1. Choose the required target in Xcode and add a new build phase to it (for example: Add Build Phase –> Add Copy Files).
2. In the new build phase set the destination to "Plugins" value.
3. Add Flash Player.plugin to the new build phase (for example, drag and drop it from Finder).

You will also need to remove all the entries relating to PowerPC:
Choose the required target –> "Add Run Script", and add the script into the field.

Here is the script example:

PLUGINS_PATH="${BUILT_PRODUCTS_DIR}/${PRODUCT_NAME}.app/Contents/Plugins"

FLASH_PATH="$PLUGINS_PATH/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/MacOS/Flash Player"

ipo -remove ppc "$FLASH_PATH" -output "$FLASH_PATH""

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions concerning our products.

Re: App built with Flash'in'App is not passing Mac AppStore validation Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 04:07:43 PM
Dear Jennifer, nice to meet you.

We were submitting our application according to the troubleshooting guidelines.
And I have written about this fact in my post.

We deliver Flash Plugin INSIDE the application bundle.
And this must be the reason why the application is blocked by verification process.
Please take a look at the screen-shot.

The error message from Apple is the following:
"The application bundle contains a tool or a framework using this bundle identifier 'com.macromedia.Flash Plugin.plugin',
which is not a valid bundle identifier".

Do you know how to solve this problem?
Please can you contact the person on Eltima soft team who were submitting your applications (Soufle and Flash Decompiler)?
He or she must be aware of the problem.

Re: App built with Flash'in'App is not passing Mac AppStore validation Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 10:28:51 PM
Dear Eltima team members, a working day has gone and we are still waiting for your response.
You have declared that with the help of your tool it is possible to deploy Flash enabled application to app store.
It does not work for us.
And I'd like you to explain why.
Otherwise I'm sorry, but we would have to ask for a refund of the payment for Flash In App.

Dear Eltima team members, a working day has gone and we are still waiting for your response.
You have declared that with the help of your tool it is possible to deploy Flash enabled application to app store.
It does not work for us.
And I'd like you to explain why.
Otherwise I'm sorry, but we would have to ask for a refund of the payment for Flash In App.

So am I reading that we cannot release apps using FlashInApp on the Mac App Store?  SUPPORT, are you reading these?

Hello,

Actually, it is possible to submit application using Flash'In'App to Mac App Store. We have contacted Pasha about the problem he has encountered by email.

I'm guessing the issue of the OP was that there is a space in the bundle ID. You'd probably have to modify the Info.plist in the Flash Player plugin, then resign it with your developer ID.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5