changing the download folder(Read 498 times)
changing the download folder on: December 29, 2019, 10:54:57 PM
using FOLX version 5.14.13921

is it possible to change the default DOWNLOADS folder?  I have been all through the preferences options and I can NOT figure this out!  I need to have the downloads go into another folder and NOT the basic downloads folder on my startup drive.

thanks for any help,

w

Re: changing the download folder Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 09:09:25 AM
The information on how to change the folder for downloading torrent files you can find at this link:

https://wiki.eltima.com/user-guides/folx/torrents-folx.html

Re: changing the download folder Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 07:42:38 PM
Hello,

I believe the user who posted this topic was not referring to the .torrent files, instead he was talking about the downloaded torrent.

It's described here what happens with the torrent you download: https://forum.eltima.com/index.php?topic=128310.0
It says the request for that feature was passed to the Foxl team for consideration on future improvements, but that was over 2 years ago so I don't think it's a feature that will be added anytime soon.

I have Foxl through my subscription with Setapp and in my opinion its one of the best if not the best torrent client for Mac. Unfortunately, that specific feature is a dealbreaker for me because in my opinion it's more of an annoyance given the redundancy of it, specially since the essence of the product is downloading. In my case I am very picky with the organization of my files and folders in my computer so I use Transmission 99% of the time solely because I can choose what folder to download it each time or set a custom default folder for it.

It's ironic because I genuinely like Foxl way more. From Foxl's design, to its snappiness and speed, to the extra features like downloading youtube videos, it's a solid and excellent torrent client.

I very much still have my hopes up that the Foxl team will add that feature soon and as soon as that's added

Cheers

Re: changing the download folder Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 07:55:26 AM
If we are talking about the issue when downloaded files are also kept in the 'Downloads' folder and duplicate files on the hard drive, it all depends on the assigned tags. You must assign a tag to a download. If you try to delete all the tags, the tag 'Other' will be assigned.

The symlinks / hardlinks will be created if the download folder and tag folder do not match.

Thus, it is necessary that the download folder matches the folder of the assigned tag, so that symlinks / hardlinks are not being created.

If you create tags correctly but the issue still persists, please contact us directly via email support@eltima.com. We would be glad to help you.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5