Folx torrents stall for almost a week and then suddenly start working again.(Read 1901 times)
Hello,

I am wondering if I'm doing something wrong but I don't see how I could. I have torrents that are downloading from multiple sources and they will work fine for about a week and then stall with no activity for almost a week.

Even adding new torrents will be stuck 'looking for peers' for that period of time then all of a sudden it will start jamming and then just stop. Everything else seems to be working fine. I have tried two different providers for data thinking it was throttled and it doesnt matter. When it works its working fine, when its not its just dead.

I have a new MBP, running Catalina 10.15.4.

As an update I went through all the settings and noticed the Incoming TCP Port was closed (while it should be open during the testing as I disabled my firewall as well as opened up the network) I clicked on 'Randomize Now' port several times which still says closed but all of a sudden the torrents started downloading again. I imagine this will break again.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 05:56:50 PM by assembly »

1. Please keep in mind that  "opening" of the port may increase the number of peers, but not always. Apparently, the automatic port forwarding does not work on your side, so you need to forward the port manually. Moreover, not ports 4433 and 4434, but the one that is specified in the settings of the Folx - Incoming TCP port.

Please do the following:

1) Disable port randomization (Randomize port on launch).

2) Go into the settings of the router (not the network settings on the Mac) and forward there the port that is specified in the Folx as Incoming TCP port.

You need to figure out the settings of the router independently according to the manual of your router.

If the problem persists, do not hesitate to contact us via email support@eltima.com

We would be glad to help you.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5