Cloudmounter and Spotlight(Read 1351 times)
Cloudmounter and Spotlight on: August 25, 2020, 05:39:49 PM
By default spotlight on the mac is not indexing connected Google Drives using Cloudmounter.  I've read in the FUSE documentation that you need to adjust the 'mount-time options' such as allow_root and allow_other.

1) Is there an easy way to ensure that mounted drives are indexed by Spotlight?
2) Is there a way of specifying FUSE mount-time options for Cloudmounter drives such as Google Drive?

I am using Version 3.6 (611) from the Eltima website not the App Store version.  I have FUSE 3.11.0 installed on MacOS Catalina 10.15.6

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 05:42:17 PM by Jonnyspeed »

Re: Cloudmounter and Spotlight Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 08:14:14 AM
I have discussed the Spotlight option with our developers.

They informed me that until the 3.6 update, sometimes Spotlight index was working in CloudMounter, but not with all drives/folders. However, the results were not perfect.

Starting from 3.6 update, when the "Mount as network drive" option was removed from the app (this option allowed to work with the drive as with network disk), Spotlight Index is not supported by CloudMounter.

We appreciate your time and patience.

Re: Cloudmounter and Spotlight Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 12:58:53 PM
Is it possible to use another software (muCommander, or Path Finder...) to search for files and the content of those files within CloudMounter?

Re: Cloudmounter and Spotlight Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 07:46:54 AM
Please, check our Commander One software. With Commander One you can also mount cloud services and it has an improved search option.

Follow the link below to download the latest build of Commander One software:

https://cdn.electronic.us/products/commander/mac/download/commander.dmg

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5