Folx: Port Open, But Says it is Closed(Read 130 times)
Folx: Port Open, But Says it is Closed on: June 29, 2021, 10:27:06 PM
Hi, I have just been using Folx for a few weeks and I just decided to properly setup the ports, but am having trouble getting it to register the port is open. I have enabled port forwarding on my router, allowed Folx access through the firewall in the control panel (tested with it off as well), set a more universal rule opening up the port to any app in the PF firewall, and checked that I disabled Lulu (free Little Snitch like app). No matter what I do, I can not get Folx to register as the port being open. I even used Netstat in terminal to see if anything was using that listening port, and nothing. I even used a third party site to double check it was open.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Computer Stats:
Big Sur 11.4
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
3.1 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Re: Folx: Port Open, But Says it is Closed Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 09:39:32 AM
1. Please keep in mind that the download speed of torrents depends largely on the number of seeders and leechers and the restrictions they set.

2. "Opening" of the port may increase the number of peers, but not always. Apparently, the automatic port forwarding does not work on your side, so you need to forward the port manually. Moreover, not ports 4433 and 4434, but the one that is specified in the settings of the Folx - Incoming TCP port.

Please do the following:

1) Disable port randomization (Randomize port on launch).

2) Go into the settings of the router (not the network settings on the Mac) and forward there the port that is specified in the Folx as Incoming TCP port.

You need to figure out the settings of the router independently according to the manual of your router.

If the issue persists, contact us via support@eltima.com for further discussion.

Re: Folx: Port Open, But Says it is Closed Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 04:43:40 PM
The router is already set to forward the port, and I have confirmed it is properly forwarded to my machine and open for my computer to use. I even set my computer to have a static ip on the local network to ensure the port forward always works. I am using the port number in the Folx settings and I have disabled randomize port. I will email you directly.

Re: Folx: Port Open, But Says it is Closed Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 08:25:13 AM
Thank you for your reply.

Let`s continue our discussion via email.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5