I’m having the following issue with the serial Port Splitter 4.2.83. Here's the process I went through so far:
1. Successful port splitter install and configuration, USB device is functional;
2. Disconnect and reconnect USB device;
3. Verified that the same com port was associated to the USB device (COM5 in my case);
4. USB device fails to communicate properly;
5. Started serial port splitter and deleted the shared port created after installation;
7. Recreated and configured the shared port as done successfully in step 1;
8. Eltima Serial port sharing and splitting Service would not start;
9. Starting it manually does not work either
Getting Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start… in a timely fashion
I get the same behavior if I reboot the PC in step 2 without disconnecting the USB device. Then I tried to uninstall and re-install Serial Port Splitter but I could never get the Serial port sharing and splitting Service to start, always getting the same 1053 Error. I have read many threads on this forum reporting similar issue, so I also tried to re-enter the registration information several times using cut and past ensuring no leading or trailing space are present.
What am I missing ?
Please let me know if you need more information.