Serial to Ethernet License Purchase Query(Read 8496 times)
Serial to Ethernet License Purchase Query on: February 17, 2012, 08:16:17 PM
Serial I have a Hyper-V host with two modems attached and each modem needs to be used by a different Hyper-V guest.  One will be an 'always on' Fax server and the other will be used to connect to a bank.

As far as I can see, I need to purchase two licenses whih will allow me to install on the three computers.  Have I understood this correctly?

Re: Serial to Ethernet License Purchase Query Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 05:41:36 PM
Thank you, but that wasn't the question I was asking.  Let me try again .....

If I have one Hyper-V host with two modems attached and two Hyper-V guests, each using a modem each, how many licenses to I need to purchase?

Re: Serial to Ethernet License Purchase Query Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 12:02:08 PM
Hello Richard,

Serial to Ethernet Connector is licensed according to the number of installations. The basic license option is called Two-License Pack. It allows installing and activating the product on two systems.

As you correctly assumed, in your scenario you will need 2 Two-License Packs. Since this set will cover 4 systems in total, while you need only 3, you will have one spare license which, of course, you'll be able to use anytime in future.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5