I have an Eltima VSP AX OEM 6.0. Everythins is working good in windows2000/XP/VISTA.
But I try to create a virtual port in win98 SE version using VC++ 6.0 for our recent project. In the example in VC++ 6.0, I always get a "cannot be created port" error. I install the Eltima VSP OEM package in 3 PCs (all in windows 98 SE) and I get the same problem, why is that?
I install the Eltima virtual serial port activex control package as follows:
1) Run the setup programm in the CD from Eltima. I check the system path and find the file "EVSPD.VXD" in c:\windows\system.
2) I run "vspdxp_install.exe".
3) I run "regsvr32 vsport.dll /i:"Name#code" to register the activex control and it seems successful because windows 98 show me a successful digbox.
4) I compile the example in VC++ 6.0 and everything is good before I create the 'COM6'.
5) I get a error messag box if I push the botton "create port", says "cannot be created port"