Syncmate 1.1.0.312: bugs and suggestions so far(Read 8794 times)
Syncmate 1.1.0.312: bugs and suggestions so far on: February 20, 2008, 11:09:28 AM
BackService version: 0.4.1d5
USB driver version: 0.2.3b2
Device platform PocketPC
Device CpuType 2577
Device Version 12779781
Device OS Version 5.1
Device ModelName WIZA200
Pocket driver version: 1, 0, 0, 275

T-Mobile MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
WM 5.1
Syncmate 1.1.0.312
Leopard 10.5.2

Install (replacing older version) worked very well, although if a restart is necessary on the PDA (I always do anyway) it should perhaps be part of the installer.

While not for everyone, one option which might be of use is the choice to enable sync automatically when the PDA is connected, rather than having to click on sync now.

Now the various plugins - iCal and contacts seem the most buggy so far for me:

Bookmarks
  • Option to sync bookmarks with more than Safari: Firefox, Opera?

iCal
  • non-US date format ignored when events synced from Mac to PDA - month and day switched if pda format is dd/mm/yyyy. (Resolved if date format is changed on PDA but that's not how it should work)
  • event recurrence not synced from mac to PDA

Notes
  • notes copied to PDA do not use first line of note as the title as normal, and instead are named Note1, Note2 etc.
  • perhaps Syncmate should quit stickies for you rather than complain when it is still running? not a big problem...

Contacts

• Contacts listed in first name last name format in Address book appear on the PDA in last name, first name format whatever the settings on the mac.

iTunes
  • A stop button is needed, as if a mistake is made, adding folders can take a very long time
  • Perhaps also needs a progress indicator of some sort when adding folders

Folders
  • Option to edit added folder's options - change direction of sync especially

Hope this helps - please keep up the great work  :D

Re: Syncmate 1.1.0.312: bugs and suggestions so far Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 06:51:38 PM
Iam trying to use sync mate 1.1.0.312 rc with my ASUS P535 pocket pc, through USB Connection.

Sync mate is not recognizing this device.

I use macbook with Leopard 10.5.2

Re: Syncmate 1.1.0.312: bugs and suggestions so far Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 03:51:27 PM
Thank you for your feature suggestions. We will surely take them into consideration.

I would like to suggest you a very convenient way to stay informed about updates of Eltima Software products:
http://www.eltima.com/software-updates/

Simply select the products or categories you are interested in, and input your e-mail address. As a result you will be sent an email when new versions, builds and products are released.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5