Too many copies of this program already running(Read 21551 times)
Too many copies of this program already running on: March 03, 2008, 01:28:01 PM
I just bought a ten license product and can't use it.
First, when installing, process doesn't finish until I kill twice usbservice.exe even after waiting (cool) for 20 mns. Each time I try to launch the porgram, I always have "You have too many copies of this program already running on your system or network. You are licensed for only 1 copy/copies at a time."
I tried to uninstall it but impossible too. Registry is locked (in all modes.).
Config : HP DL360 G5 under W2K3.
I wanted to install it to share dongle usb keys with virtual machines (Vnware ESX 3.02).
Somebody met this problem ?
Thanx

Re: Too many copies of this program already running Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 09:52:23 AM
Please, be informed that USB to Ethernet Connector on client computers doesn't require registration.

All products by Eltima Software, incl. USB to Ethernet Connector, feature a network protection system which won't allow you to open two similar products registered with the same registration key on two or more PCs in the local network. The problem you have encountered is obviously caused by our network protection system.

I assume you have erroneously entered one Single License key on more than one computer. That is not allowed by the Single license agreement.

I kindly ask you to provide us with order ID (reference number) for the product you ordered (the one you have received in order confirmation e-mail from the billing operator Element 5 or RegNow right after order placement).

Please do not post your order ID and any other Registration information online. It shoudn't be done for security purposes.

Re: Too many copies of this program already running Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 07:51:44 PM
Well, the post above doesn't explain why I am geting the same message, I am only licensed for one, but I only want to startup one and I get the same message. I do not have more then one running anywhere either. Unless the last time it was running, maybe some file you use didn't shut down but I have no idea what file that may be.
I am not registering any clients, just the server (my machine)and the server side starts up fine and I can set to share the USB port fine as well, it is when I try to open the client side I get the message "too many running" and the client side won't open.

Re: Too many copies of this program already running Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 12:52:57 PM
Hello,

Please, follow the instructions below:

1) Disable Network Connection on the client PC temporarily;

2) Start USB to Ethernet Connector on client PC, go to Help -> About.

Please send the screenshot of About screen to mailto:support@eltima.com

Re: Too many copies of this program already running Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 05:26:32 PM
I have the same exact problem... with usb to ethernet, it told me no where for client installation to not to register it. I have tried to clean the registry as well but still uninstall/ install it find s to serial... I need to help this vm going, i have called your support numbers 2 times and no response? HELP!

Thx,

Re: Too many copies of this program already running Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 05:12:00 PM
Hello,

I have replied to you by e-mail.

Re: Too many copies of this program already running Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 12:37:09 PM
Hello,

Please send your order ID to mailto:support@eltima.com

Re: Too many copies of this program already running Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 02:07:15 PM
Hello Everyone,

We too are now suffering this problem.  When I attempt to start a client side connection, I get the message "you have too many copies of the program already running on your system or network. You are only licensed for 1 copy/copies at a time".

We do not have a second copy running on the network.

Our licence states "Single Licence [2 shared USB devices]"

Is there a way to resolve this issue?

Re: Too many copies of this program already running Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 08:10:00 AM
Can you, please, send your order ID to mailto:support@eltima.com?

Thanks in advance.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5