Can't start driver, error 2.(Read 13361 times)
Can't start driver, error 2. on: April 04, 2008, 12:15:19 AM
Sorry for "double posting", but I felt the need to start a new and specific topic about this.

I just updated my SyncMate to version 1.2.0.324 and ran into an error message on my T-Mobile MDA Vario 2 (which is actually a HTC TyTN). The device reports a "Can't start driver, error 2". I had this error before when first trying the previous version of SyncMate but then it was caused by the (old) driver of Missing Sync, which I used before I found SyncMate.

I tried everything up to totally re-installing my entire mobile, but the error persistently remains. I also tried to sync my older phone, a T-Mobile MDA Vario (1), which is actually a HTC Wizard, but I have the exact same problem.

The driver on the mobile just won't start, so I cannot connect over either USB or WiFi, which both worked perfectly fine on both phones before the update.

I am now going to try to re-install the previous version of SyncMate but meanwhile would very much like this problem to be solved.

Hope someone knows the solution to this annoying problem on this great piece of software.

Re: Can't start driver, error 2. Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 03:05:26 PM
I would recommend you to reinstall driver on your device. To reinstall driver please, remove as_starter.exe and AsyncSvr.dll files from the folder Windows on your device.

After that, please connect your device to Mac.

Re: Can't start driver, error 2. Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 08:12:17 PM
Thanks for the advice. Is this any different from uninstalling the driver using the uninstall option on the device? Unfortunately either method doesn't solve the problem, but I was unable to find the AsyncSvr.dll file in my Windows folder anyways. :-(

Gonna try installing the program on another Mac now, but I sure wish one would come up with clearer error messages unlike just "Error 2". This is SO Microsoft like, leaving even relatively advanced users totally in the dark when it comes to finding solutions by themselves. :-(

[Edit]

Stangely, it's all working on another mac, so I guess the problem is not with the mobile but with my installation on my PowerBook somehow. Another weird thing is that I could have sworn I say an Entourage option when installing this new version on my PowerBook, but it's nowhere to be found here on the installation on the Mac Mini.

What is going on?  ???
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 10:25:17 PM by InternetRebel »

Re: Can't start driver, error 2. Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 09:19:25 AM
We are communicating with you in:

https://forum.eltima.com/index.php?topic=3382.0

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5