Can't start driver, error 2 on HTC Wizard(Read 41817 times)
Can't start driver, error 2 on HTC Wizard on: April 30, 2008, 01:00:38 AM
I had the driver successfully starting up before with SyncMate build  1.1.0.316 after a fairly painful procedure:

- hard reset
- restored backup using Sprite Backup
- installed SDA Application Unlock via ActiveSync from PC

After unsinstalling SyncMate and then installing the current build 1.0.2.0.325 the driver would again give a "Can't start driver, error 2".

Now, the steps listed above won't work. I'm still getting the error 2 even after reset/restore/install SDA Application Unlock.

It seems I can't use OneTierPrompt on my device. If I run it, after a reboot I will get strange status messages for every application launched, only cured by a full backup restore. This is why I originally tried the reset/restore/SDA Application Unlock sequence with the previous SyncMate version. I have verified this twice and would rather not try it again.

What shoud I try now besides (cough, cough..) returning to Missing Sync?

Eric

Re: Can't start driver, error 2 on HTC Wizard Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 12:25:55 PM
Please follow the instructions below:

1) SyncMate.dmg -> Eltima SyncMate Uninstaller.pkg;

2) Download and install the latest build of SyncMate:
http://www.eltima.com/download/syncmate/

3) Remove as_starter.exe and AsyncSvr.dll files from the folder Windows on your device;

3) Reboot your device.

After that I kindly ask you to connect the device to your Mac.

Re: Can't start driver, error 2 on HTC Wizard Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 03:37:46 PM
I did exactly that yesterday.

- Uninstalled SyncMate before installing the new version
- removed the driver from the Wizard multiple times, sometimes by using the WM5 unsinstall feature, sometimes by manually removing the 2 files
- I rebooted the Wizard multiple times

One more piece of information: Like I said, when I try to use OneTierPrompt, I will after the next reboot  get a prompt to confirm launching every application. This also applies to as_starter.exe and AsyncSvr.dll. When I confirm running both, then I will still get the error 2 after that.

Eric

Re: Can't start driver, error 2 on HTC Wizard Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 02:12:08 PM
Please, try to launch SyncMate driver manually.

Re: Can't start driver, error 2 on HTC Wizard Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 11:07:45 PM
Ok, it did work now, as I could start the driver manually.

Next problem: After address book syncing Mac->Mobile Device, a substiantial number of contacts on the Wizard is doubled. This is to be expected, I suppose, as the contacts where written to the Wizard by Missing Sync a whlie ago, and SyncMate might not recognize everything.

The problem is that there seems to be no option to delete all contacts from the mobile device before syncing. It would be a pain to do that manually on the Wizard, as I would have to delete over 300 contacts one by one. There appears to be no way of selecting multiple contacts for deletion.

Eric

Re: Can't start driver, error 2 on HTC Wizard Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 05:06:53 PM
We can suggest the following way of deleting the contacts:
- write any name for a group of contacts in SyncMate,
- set bidirectional mode,
- check "sync only with this contacts group" box,
- a new group will be created on Mac,
- sync all contacts in that group
After that delete all the group content and sync again.
Thus SyncMate will delete all contacts from the device at one click. Then set syncing with required contact group and sync all contacts in device.

Re: Can't start driver, error 2 on HTC Wizard Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 11:05:15 AM
I found an even easier way: renaming pim.vol from the mobile device and deleting it after a reboot. A new empty contacts / appointments file will automatically be generated.

Eric

Re: Can't start driver, error 2 on HTC Wizard Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 03:04:22 PM
Thank you for your suggestions.  :)

Re: Can't start driver, error 2 on HTC Wizard Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 11:20:58 PM
I'm having the same issue on a Vario II. Tried all these suggestions and nothing works. When I run OneTierPrompt I get a system notification that the change of device settings was unsuccessful.

Re: Can't start driver, error 2 on HTC Wizard Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 10:52:19 AM
Please try to unlock your device by SDA Application Unlock. Download and install SDA Application Unlock on PC and unlock your device via ActiveSync: http://www.gpcarreon.com/SDA_ApplicationUnlock.zip

Re: Can't start driver, error 2 on HTC Wizard Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 04:48:44 PM
I would, but I don't have a PC.

Re: Can't start driver, error 2 on HTC Wizard Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 09:59:01 AM
Unfortunately there is no unlock application for Mac.

The only solution is to find a PC to install SDA Application Unlock via ActiveSync:
- install ActiveSync on PC,
- launch SDA Application Unlock
- and unlock your device.

Re: Can't start driver, error 2 on HTC Wizard Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 01:38:12 PM
Right, I've found a PC. I've done the following:

Hard reset my Vario II
Run SDA Application Unlock
Reset my Vario II
Uninstalled SyncMate (using uninstaller) on my Mac
Rebooted my Mac
Resinstalled SyncMate on my Mac
Rebooted my Mac
Connected my Vario II to my Mac
The "Connecting..." message comes up, and SyncMate runs
I'm prompted to allow the driver to install on my Vario II
I allow the driver to install, then disconnect and reboot my Vario II
I close SyncMate
I reconnect my Vario II to my Mac
The "Connecting..." message comes up, and SyncMate runs
I get the "Can't start driver, error 2" message on the Vario II

What now? I can't start the driver manually (same error). Rebooting the Vario II doesn't help. Running "OneTierPrompt" doesn't work - it says it doesn't have the necessary permissions.

Really frustrated now - everything was working fine until last week, when the driver refused to start automatically (but would work manually) on my device and I thought upgrading to a newer version of SyncMate would help. Now it doesn't work at all.

Re: Can't start driver, error 2 on HTC Wizard Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 01:45:34 PM
I have noticed something: when I install the driver on my device via Syncmate, the "AsyncSvr.dll" fine isn't present in the Windows folder. Also, it installs a driver for "smartphone2005.arm", when the Vario II is a WM5 device, not a Smartphone device.

Re: Can't start driver, error 2 on HTC Wizard Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 02:17:27 PM
It seems that downgrading to v1.1.0.316 fixes all my problems. Obviously there's something wrong in newer versions.

Re: Can't start driver, error 2 on HTC Wizard Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 10:59:13 AM
As a matter of fact AsyncSvr.dll  is a system file.You will see it if you should select "show all" in the Menu. If you still have error 2 I woul recommend you to remove AsyncSvr.dll and as starter and reinstall them.
 Do you have SIM lock on your device?  Did you unlock your device?

Re: Can't start driver, error 2 on HTC Wizard Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 11:37:52 PM
Yes, i found the file and deleted it. I've done absolutely everything already suggested - including using a Mac I didn't previously have SyncMate on, and completely wiping my phone.

The ONLY solution was to downgrade.

Re: Can't start driver, error 2 on HTC Wizard Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 11:01:23 AM
It seems strange. Probably there is some incompatibility with your Vario II device.
I would recommend you to wait for the forthcoming release of SyncMate. We will surely fix the problem.
I would like to suggest you a very convenient way to stay informed about updates of  Eltima Software products: http://www.eltima.com/software-updates/

Simply select the products or categories you are interested in, and input your e-mail address. As a result you will be sent an email when new versions, builds and products are released.

Re: Can't start driver, error 2 on HTC Wizard Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 04:12:43 AM
I also encountered the same problem.

I am using a Dopod D810 running on WM5. Trying to sync to mac, but when I clicked on the Syncmate Driver, the Error 2 appeared. Wonder why does it install a smartphone2005.cab when it is not a smartphone but a pocket pc?

Hope I dun need to get the previous Syncmate software in order for the sync to work.

Wonder there are how many users who got it to work?

Re: Can't start driver, error 2 on HTC Wizard Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 02:35:04 PM
The problem you described usually happens when device is locked.

I would recommend you to unlock your device by SDA Application Unlock. Please download and install SDA Application Unlock on PC and unlock your device:
http://www.gpcarreon.com/SDA_ApplicationUnlock.zip

After that, please connect device to your Mac.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5