Cannot connect HTC TyTN to syncmate anymore(Read 22762 times)
Cannot connect HTC TyTN to syncmate anymore on: May 25, 2008, 09:24:42 AM
Hi,

I´ve been using syncmate for a while now. It has been working fine before, but lately I have been unable to establish a connection from my phone to syncmate.
syncmate doesnt even get the phone to be recognize. I cant remove the profile or add a new one, that simply doesnt work.

I am running a macbook pro with the latest mac drivers as well as the latest syncmate drivers. on the phone I have Windows Mobile 6.

Does anyone have any clue on what I should do to get this to work. I really wanna sync my phone with the computer.

Thanks in advance for the help.

BR
Rich

Re: Cannot connect HTC TyTN to syncmate anymore Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 12:04:44 PM
Hello,

Please, let us know what has happened before the problems occurred.

Please follow the instructions below:

1) SyncMate.dmg -> Eltima SyncMate Uninstaller.pkg;

2) Download and install the latest build of SyncMate;

3) Remove as_starter.exe and AsyncSvr.dll files from the folder Windows on your device;

3) Reboot your device.

After that, I kindly ask you to connect the device to your Mac.

Re: Cannot connect HTC TyTN to syncmate anymore Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 11:18:29 PM
Hi,

well nothing really, I was using the software frequently before.. but I started using bootcamp pretty much lately and didnt log on to the os x, but now I found a way to to everything on the os x.

I did the steps above but when I connect the HTC TyTN with Windows Mobile 6, it wont start syncmate automatically as it use to.. I start up SyncMate manually and it doesnt have anything to connect too. Though the phone gets power from the USB-cable.

Re: Cannot connect HTC TyTN to syncmate anymore Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 11:48:12 AM
1.Please make sure that Mac firewall doesn't block the connection and PDA firewall doesn't blocks driver installation. So look through PDA and your Mac settings.
System Preferences ->  Security/Sharing (Internet and Network)-> Firewall -> Allow All Incoming Connections.

2.Please check whether the option "advanced network functionality" is enabled (Start->Settings->Connections->USB to PC).

3.Also make sure that "connect to PC via USB" box is checked in Active Sync settings on your device 

4.I strongly recommend you to remove MissingSync

Re: Cannot connect HTC TyTN to syncmate anymore Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 06:04:12 AM
I've done the above steps as well, still no connection.

might it be the USB connector on my phone that is broken, but I still can recharge it.
or perhaps the cable?

Re: Cannot connect HTC TyTN to syncmate anymore Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 02:46:39 PM
The possible reason is that the cable is broken. As you perhaps know there is 4 wires - 2 power leads and 2 data leads. It's quite possible that one of data leads is broken.
To test it you may try to connect to PC via ActiveSync.  You may also save smartphone 2005 arm.cab on the memory card and manually install the driver on the device.
The .cab file is located in syncmate.app.
Then try to connect via Wi-Fi.

Re: Cannot connect HTC TyTN to syncmate anymore Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 08:45:10 PM
I did try to connect it trough ad-hoc.. but no success there.. think it was my fault, since I didnt really put much energy into it.. I´ll try again later on :)
and doubt the cable, since I use the same cable to external HDD as well and that works fine.

Re: Cannot connect HTC TyTN to syncmate anymore Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 11:56:44 AM
If you still have a problem please send SyncMate Action log and your system log at support@eltima.com
Have you tried to reinstall SyncMate?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 12:20:48 PM by Ann »

Re: Cannot connect HTC TyTN to syncmate anymore Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 06:34:31 AM
I tried a new USB-cable at this seems to work alot better, I sometimes can connect, but now after a while the whole application freezes.

No I havent tried to reinstall SyncMate, I will try that.
Cheers

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5