SyncMate contact sync problem fixed.. but(Read 8195 times)
SyncMate contact sync problem fixed.. but on: June 19, 2008, 06:53:10 AM
Hey there.  Well I was having problems syncing my contacts so I did what some of the other threads recommended and reset the profile.  This worked.

Now the problem..
The first failed attempt at syncing.. Syncmate began to send one of my cell contacts and then the error showed up.  Problem is, when this happened, Syncmate went ahead and deleted all the contacts out of Address Book on my mac.  I had the following settings:

-Mobile Device -> Mac
-How to resolve conflict:  Ask me
-Synchronize contacts into this group:  Mobile Contacts

I've done this a few times before on the previous version of Syncmate and it worked perfectly.  It simply added my phone contacts in its own group on Address Book and left everything else in AB alone. 

Is there any way to retrieve these lost contacts?  I didn't have my Address Book backed up.

Re: SyncMate contact sync problem fixed.. but Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 07:13:41 AM
well I found the file AddressBook.data in library>>application support>>address book
I opened it in textedit and after scrolling through a bunch of jumbled code it seems I've located the old email addresses that used to be in the AB.  Is there a way I can Import this file? (import as txt file doesn't work) or do I have to copy and paste all this info into new contacts?

Thanks in advance.

Re: SyncMate contact sync problem fixed.. but Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 11:12:10 AM
SyncMate doesn't allow to import this text file. As far as I understand the contacts were deleted from Mac but they are still present in the device, are they? If so please reset History and Sync from device to Mac.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5