USB to Ethernet Connector big problems(Read 59901 times)
USB to Ethernet Connector big problems on: July 05, 2008, 03:42:40 PM
I have 2 pcs! One is using Windows Vista Sp1 x64 over an nvdia motherboard (and nvidia usb) with an addon pci card with via usb chipset on it. The other is a Windows Server 2008 x32 over a Via motherboard.

Both operating systems are updated to the last version.

I downloaded the demo version of UtEC to try it out before buying. Installation went fine. Program stardted and connected to service also without rebooting: wonderful right? Ehm ... no!

When i tryed to share an usb from the Server 2008 or the Vista machine i always got the error.

"Error: Unable to share specific usb port. Unable to restart USB device"

I also tryed without the device in the port to share the empty port. Same error.

So i tought... maybe we need a reboot?

I rebooted both machines and SUPRISED i noticed the service wont start anymore! BOTH the services on both machines.

Error 1053: a timeout error meaning that the service didnt respond in time saying that it started... and in fact it crashed.

So i looked for DEP, thinking it was it to block the services. I disabled but nothing changed.

So i think eltima has a big problem on this side and i want to help to sort it out.

If there is a beta testing program i would like to do test and other things (i have been betatester for a bouch of microsoft programs, also Windows XP).

Thank you for the attention,
best regards,
Tommaso

Re: USB to Ethernet Connector big problems Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 11:49:12 AM
I have just replied to your e-mail.

Re: USB to Ethernet Connector big problems Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 09:50:54 AM
the same problem

Re: USB to Ethernet Connector big problems Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 05:50:19 PM
I kindly ask you to send us u2ec.log file for investigation to mailto:support@eltima.com

It is located in the program folder.

Re: USB to Ethernet Connector big problems Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 08:28:25 AM
Hi,

I do have it installed on Windows 2008 x64 I get the following error's:

C:\Program Files\Eltima Software\USB to Ethernet Connector>usbservice64.exe enable
Error: Cannot enable the service: The service did not respond to the start or co
ntrol request in a timely fashion.

Event id: 7009
A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Eltima Usb to Ethernet Connector service to connect.

I did get no error's when installing the software. I did turn off the firewall but no success. Re-install software no success.

I hope you can find a fix soon.

Re: USB to Ethernet Connector big problems Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 11:42:57 AM
We are ready to help you and willing to do so very much. Please, send u2ec.log file to mailto:support@eltima.com

Re: USB to Ethernet Connector big problems Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 09:07:32 AM
I have a similar set up, only a larger office:
Windows Server 2003 R2 and several users using Vista Business version systems. The Vista machines connect to the Server over Remote Desktop Connector (using Windows Terminal Service). They have combination Printer-scanners connected via USB. When they print while connected to the server, they print to this local printer. We want the users to use their combination Printer-scanners while connected to the server as well.

Could you tell me the installation scenario if your software can provide the solution?

Re: USB to Ethernet Connector big problems Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 02:57:50 PM
Hello,

Please follow the instructions below:

1) On the Windows Vista Machines install USB to Ethernet Connector and share your USB device.

2) On the Windows Server 2003 R2 install USB to Ethernet Connector  and connect to the shared USB device.

I kindly ask you to refer to the User Manual for USB to Ethernet Connector to know how to share local USB port and how to connect to remote USB device.

To read more about its features, please visit the page: http://www.eltima.com/products/usb-over-ethernet/

To download free trial version and test its functionality yourself, please follow the link: http://www.eltima.com/download/usb-over-ethernet/

Re: USB to Ethernet Connector big problems Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 08:55:56 PM
Has anyone found a solution to this yet?  I have the same exact problem and am also running Windows Server 2008 x64 Standard.

I originally install the software, go to share my USB device and receive the error:

Error: Unable to share specific usb port. Unable to restart USB device

Then, after restarting the computer (or even just the service), it seems that I can never get the service to start back up again because I keep receiving the error:

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

I have disabled my anti-virus and firewall and still can't get the service to start.

If I look at my u2ec.log all that you see is the service starting when I very first installed the software and then the service stopping when I attempted to restart the service. All of my attempts to start the service apparently aren't getting logged due to the service never starting successfully.

16.10.2008 11:10:55  - ------------------------------------
16.10.2008 11:10:55  -           start service             
16.10.2008 11:10:55  - ------------------------------------
16.10.2008 11:16:00  - ------------------------------------
16.10.2008 11:16:00  -           stop service             
16.10.2008 11:16:00  - ------------------------------------

I am using the very latest release of the software 3.0.6.406. I'm just glad that I didn't purchase the software before trying the demo.

Tina, please give us a real solution to this rather than a pasted page out of your canned response manual!  ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 08:58:04 PM by d7a7z7e7d »

Re: USB to Ethernet Connector big problems Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 03:31:07 PM
I've just sent extended debug version of USB to Ethernet Connector on your e-mail. Please uninstall the old version of the software from your PC and install extended debug version. Please try to share USB port. After that, send us u2ec.log file for investigation.

Re: USB to Ethernet Connector big problems Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 09:32:52 PM
I am having the same exact problem with starting the service.

Re: USB to Ethernet Connector big problems Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 11:33:08 AM
I'll send extended version of USB to Ethernet Connector on your e-mail. Please, provide us with u2ec.log file.

Re: USB to Ethernet Connector big problems Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 11:00:31 PM
I have replied to your email.

Re: USB to Ethernet Connector big problems Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 05:37:34 PM
Error code 0 17 which is mentioned in the log file you provided means that there was an attempt on your PC to register USB to Ethernet Connector with a key for "Single License for Unlimited number of shared USB devices". Please, send us the order number of your license.

Re: USB to Ethernet Connector big problems Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 12:08:37 PM
Error 1053 for me, too. Please help... :)

Re: USB to Ethernet Connector big problems Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 08:49:57 AM
Please try to start Eltima USB To Ethernet Connector Service manually:

Start -> Run -> enter "services.msc" -> Ok -> Eltima USB To Ethernet Connector -> Start the Service.

Re: USB to Ethernet Connector big problems Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 02:27:51 PM
Same problem, here
I run it in Demo mode but it had never worked,
The Service "Eltima USB To Ethernet Connector" had never Start even with manual start from "services.msc". <Error 1053 >

I had Unistall it and tried to Install it again...but Now the Service it doesn't Exist!
I have tried 2-3 times to unistall and install it (yes with restart every time) but the service has gone!!

Any one can help??

Re: USB to Ethernet Connector big problems Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 04:23:07 PM
We are ready to investigate the problem. I kindly ask you to send the screenshot of this product About screen to mailto:support@eltima.com. Please, launch USB to Ethernet Connector, go to Help -> About.

Thanks in advance.

Re: USB to Ethernet Connector big problems Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 11:31:46 PM
i too am having the same issue.

i'm installing on a Win2k3 32-bit sp2 server. installation goes through, service is installed,can reboot, blah blah, but can not start the service. get the "Service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion." message.

don't even ask for the U2ec.log file, because it's comletely empty - maybe i need to activate debugging or something?

need this resolved or i'm unfortunately going to need to request a refund - which would be unfortunate since i have used the product successfully on other servers of the same build.

firewall's off, USB system drivers are installed...no ports blocked, the service just doesn't start

i did get it installed once on this server and even put in the license code, unfortunately i put in a duplicate code so i had to uninstall and reinstall...all this started happeing after the reinstall - hope that helps.

...btw, does anyone ever call back up there...

Re: USB to Ethernet Connector big problems Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 10:28:26 AM
Hello,

Please, be informed that our network protection system does not allow you to open two similar products registered with the same registration key on two or more PCs in the local network. The problem you have encountered is obviously caused by our network protection system.

Please, note that USB to Ethernet Connector on client computers doesn't require registration. To calculate the number of copies you need, define the number of systems you plan to setup as a server. I've just sent you an e-mail.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5