No, nothing else is running. It can sit all nigt and sync with the same result.
And I tried with another machine:
- brand new Mac OS 10.5.4 installation
- only SyncMate installed
- full hardware reset of the Pocket PC (WM6, HTC P3650)
- connect to USB, let SyncMate driver install
- select iTunes sync + iPhoto sync (in Mac -> Device direction)
- start sync manually
- no activity on MAc or device during sync tentative
Very frustrating, especially since the "mount" function works correctly (mostly).
So here are a few points:
Syncing with the paying features of SyncMate does not work at all
Several other persons have the same problem.
Working myself in a company that creates software, I known fairly well that shit happens...
My guess would be that everything's broken for WM6, while WM6 is advertized as supported.
The support/dev team should at least accept there is a problem, tell us they're working on it, and tell us when it's going to be solved (hint for the salespersons: "wait for the next release" is not an acceptable answer for paying customers).