ITunes sync problem.(Read 61705 times)
ITunes sync problem. on: July 08, 2008, 08:30:02 PM
Help!  I purchased syncmate just so I  could sync itunes to my htc touch.  I am running build 1.3.0.339.  I have an 8gb card in the phone, however, the sync log shows "No free space on device" when it tries to sync itunes.  Everytyhing else works fine.

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 12:02:48 AM
By the way, I tried it syncing to the device instead of the card and it gives the same error.

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 03:05:16 PM
Please look a memory card protection switch. Make sure that it is set to writable.
Also check the device info. Please tell us the internal memory space?

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 03:41:17 PM
The card is not write protected.  I can transfer files to it and write to it from the device without any problem.  The internal storage shows 152.21mb with 122.38mb free, and the storage card shows 7.7gb with 6.59gb free.

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 09:15:34 AM
Probably the usb driver wasn't properly updated.I recommend you to reinstall SyncMate.
Please uninstall SyncMate from Mac and from the device. To uninstall SyncMate please find syncmate.dmg file on your Mac. There will be 2 packages: installer.pkg and uninstaller.pkg Please double click on uninstaller.pkg, after uninstallation please restart your Mac. Also remove SyncMate from you device and restart.
Then download the new dmg. file from here http://www.eltima.com/download/syncmate/ and install SyncMate once again.

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 01:10:59 PM
I just finished the reinstall.  nothing has changed.

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 01:19:26 PM
I just set it up to sync a folder also and it generates the exact same error.  Again, it happens to both the storage card and the device memory.  It will start to write the file, then stop and say that the disk is full.  As I said before, the disk is not even close to being full.  The file appears on the card, but it is not a complete file.

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 08:28:01 PM
I have exactly the same problem!
When I try syncing Itunes with my Qtek s200 "No free space on device" is what I get. Just the same when I try syncing folder to my SD. Both card and device have lots of free memory.

Folder to devise memory is syncing, but recently I mentioned that when on my device in the folder to by synced I saved a new file, it's not appeared in appropriate folder on my Mac.

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 01:55:50 PM
It appears they is a large lack of support for this product.  When I started this thread, I emailed the same info to the support address, and they have never responded.  Looks like it is time to get a refund.

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 04:22:15 PM
Please try to reinstall the driver on the device. To reinstall driver please, remove as_starter.exe and AsyncSvr.dll files from the folder Windows on your device. After that I kindly ask you to connect the device to your Mac.

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 10:07:42 AM
Please try to reinstall the driver on the device. To reinstall driver please, remove as_starter.exe and AsyncSvr.dll files from the folder Windows on your device. After that I kindly ask you to connect the device to your Mac.

the problem remains the same
new error - Incomplete file - while syncing folders

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 01:16:12 PM
I reinstalled as asked and it did not fix the problem.

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 04:51:06 PM
May be the device buzzes because you do something else with it during synchronization.
The sync interrupts because the time out exceeded. Could you please tell us if you work with something else on your device during syncing? 

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 08:59:16 PM
Same problem with my HTC Touch Cruise (build 1.3.0.339, latest Mac OS).

None of the syncs that upload files do the device work (folder, iphoto, itunes), with the same error:

BEGIN SYNCING...
Event 'sync' for plugin: iTunes
No free space on device
Write file /Carte Stockage/Music/mphone/Highway To Hell.mp3 error.
Incomplete file
END SYNCING

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 01:07:33 AM
No, nothing else is running.  It can sit all nigt and sync with the same result.

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 07:13:00 AM
No, nothing else is running.  It can sit all nigt and sync with the same result.

Same here.
And I tried with another machine:
- brand new Mac OS 10.5.4 installation
- only SyncMate installed
- full hardware reset of the Pocket PC (WM6, HTC P3650)
- connect to USB, let SyncMate driver install
- select iTunes sync + iPhoto sync (in Mac -> Device direction)
- start sync manually
- no activity on MAc or device during sync tentative
- failure

Very frustrating, especially since the "mount" function works correctly (mostly).

So here are a few points:
Syncing with the paying features of SyncMate does not work at all for me.
Several other persons have the same problem.
Working myself in a company that creates software, I known fairly well that shit happens...
My guess would be that everything's broken for WM6, while WM6 is advertized as supported.

The support/dev team should at least accept there is a problem, tell us they're working on it, and tell us when it's going to be solved (hint for the salespersons: "wait for the next release" is not an acceptable answer for paying customers).

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 02:02:07 PM
mezis

+1

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 02:22:15 PM
So this problem appears to be with 6.1.  Do you have a fix in the works or not?

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 10:27:43 AM
My qtek S200 runs under WM5 with these problems

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 12:37:45 PM
We tried to reproduce the problem you've encountered. There are 2 possible reasons of the problem. 1. the memory card is locked (please check this); 2. the wrong path to the memory card. do you enter the path by yourself when you choose the folder on the memory card?
Please be informed that we plan to release the new version of SyncMate with many fixes and improvements at the end of this week.

Also please try to sync via Wi-Fi.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 04:11:51 PM by Ann »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5