ITunes sync problem.(Read 61706 times)
Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 03:52:08 PM
The memory card is not locked, it doesn't even have a lock.  All other programs write to it without any problems.  Your program writes to it just fine when using the mount disk feature.  The path to the card is correct.  Again, if you read the previous posts, you will see that it actually writes the folder name and the file name to the memory card before the error occurs.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 06:34:51 PM by pmac »

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 03:53:45 PM
In reviewing this posts and some of the other on this board, it appears that this might be specific to HTC devices.  Are youdoing your testing with an  HTC device?

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 04:40:42 PM
We use HTC s710 with WM 6.1 for testing and everything works ok. Please try to sync via Wi-Fi.

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 06:32:44 PM
The touch doesn't have wifi.

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #24 on: July 22, 2008, 04:38:44 PM
to pmac - please let us know the full model name of your mobile device

to mezis - please try to sync via Wi-Fi

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008, 10:17:13 AM
Sync via Wi-Fi does resolves the issue...
But I can not use Internet when I connect my device to macbook via Wi-Fi... it would be more useful syncing via bluetooth

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #26 on: July 24, 2008, 03:37:48 AM
Verizon XV6900

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #27 on: July 24, 2008, 11:29:06 AM
We are now working on fixing the problem you've encountered. Please be informed that we plan to release the new version, where this problem is already fixed, at the end of this week. 

I am not sure if we will add syncing syncing via bluetooth, however I would like to suggest you a very convenient way to stay informed about updates of Eltima Software products:
http://www.eltima.com/software-updates/

Simply select the products or categories you are interested in, and input your e-mail address. As a result you will be sent an email when new versions, builds and products are released.

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #28 on: July 24, 2008, 11:43:53 AM
I guess "check updates on startup" in preferences will be enough to stay informed about new versions releases...

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 11:14:06 AM
We are now working on fixing the problem you've encountered. Please be informed that we plan to release the new version, where this problem is already fixed, at the end of this week. 

"the end of this week" has passed, no new versions, no problem fixing...

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #30 on: August 01, 2008, 02:24:56 AM
It is looking like I am going to have to dispute the charge if they can't communicate with us better than this...

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #31 on: August 01, 2008, 07:23:45 AM
FYI, my company just got rid of the HTC smartphones we had just purchased,
since there's no usable piece of software to sync them with our Macs.

Missing Sync crashes a mac every other day, and its developers refuse to acknowledge it, so that's not an option.
Syncmate "free" juts works (for contacts and ical), but
Syncmate "Expert", does not work as advertised.

Eltima might eventually fix the problem but I'm not going to wait it out.
Guess we'll give the iPhone a try - at least it's well-supported.

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #32 on: August 01, 2008, 10:42:24 AM
I would like to inform you that we've released the new version of SyncMate with many of fixes and improvements. You may download it from here http://www.eltima.com/download/syncmate/ and test its functionality.

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #33 on: August 02, 2008, 01:21:25 PM
The new release seems to have corrected the issues.  One last thing, though.  When I get up in the morning, there is a USB connecting icon on my screen.  It seems to happen when the phone wakes up to receive a text message.  The icon wont go away without booting my mac.  It only happens if the phone is connected, and when the phone wakes up for some reason.  It does not happen when SyncMate is not installed.

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #34 on: August 05, 2008, 11:32:46 AM
Thanks for your latest comment. Regarding the connecting icon on the screen, it might be... and we have a recommendation on this regard. If you don't plan to use SyncMate for a long time but want a device to stay connected, click the large button "Disable USB module" in SyncMate preferences. NOTE: don't forget to enable USB module again when you deside to start syncing!

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #35 on: August 05, 2008, 02:42:29 PM
for me, everything works just perfectly in new version

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #36 on: December 27, 2011, 03:37:51 PM
I purchased the SyncMate Expert on 4 days ago, in order to sync my Mac running 10.6.8 with my HTC Evo 4g. After repeatedly trying to to sync my itunes as m4p and converting to mp3, I got nothing more than just a disorganized mess of media files - no artist or album information.  The only way I could get it to sync in any semblance of order, giving me artist and album information was to mount my phone as a disk and then open up the phone files under music, manually adding the music in new folders under artist and then album.  Yesterday, I request a refund from Eltima, letting them know that I din't need the Expert edition if it wouldn't fit my needs.  This is the response I got back today:

We are sorry for possible misunderstanding, but I regret to inform you that we are not eligible to approve a refund request if the software was purchased by mistake or on assumption that it does something that it is not intended to do or if there is a functional peculiarity which is mentioned in the User Guide to the software or on the product website.

This could be derived from our Refund Policy on the following page:
http://wiki.eltima.com/policies/return-policy.html

The description of "iTunes & Video" plugin on our wiki states that currently SyncMate syncs only the actual media files to Android devices, not the playlists they belong to. The synchronization procedure for Android devices is described in the following wiki article:
http://wiki.eltima.com/user-guides/syncmate-mac-os/itunes/devices.html

Sorry, but we are not eligible to consider a refund in that case as it is not the case of software malfunctioning and approval of such request will violate our Refund Policy.

Hope for your understanding and cooperation. Happy Holidays!

I responded that I have over the years had similar circumstances, with the software company providing the refund in the name of customer service and not fall back on their unreasonable refund policy.  Who can read every bit of fine print for every piece of software that they purchase?  I will never do business with Eltima again and you should think seriously (after reading all of the fine print about the product you are considering) before doing business with them.

Seriously dissatisfied!

Re: ITunes sync problem. Reply #37 on: January 14, 2012, 02:20:22 PM
This is why I hate Itunes ... >:(

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5