Enumerate list of serial to tcp connection(Read 9134 times)
Enumerate list of serial to tcp connection on: October 01, 2008, 08:50:59 PM
Hello Eltima folks-

We use some software which manages remote terminal servers over IP, but provides a "serial" connection to those devices. It appears that the software is using Eltima's Serial-to-Ethernet product, because when I do a listing of all serial ports, many of them come back listed as "ELTIMA VIRTUAL SERIAL PORT COMx".

According to the software vendor, they are piping the serial connections to a TCP connection.

What I am looking for is a way to enumerate the pairings of which virtual com port is connected to which network connection, IE is COM 9 is connected to 10.1.1.1:30.

Is there anyway to enumate that information either on the command line and/or through an API? From looking at the manuals on the website, it looks like you have some wonderful GUI's for managing all of the virtual com ports, but I presume that information is typically being stored somewhere.

My need is to do some scripting to launch some terminal client software (SecureCRT and/or HyperTerminal) to point to a particular serial port. However, to select the correct serial port to attach it to, I need to be able to see which TCP connection it's attached to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely-
John Tracy

Re: Enumerate list of serial to tcp connection Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 05:50:50 PM
Hello, I've just answered on your e-mail.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5