iCal calendars missing from the calendar list(Read 52848 times)
iCal calendars missing from the calendar list on: July 02, 2012, 07:22:50 PM
Hi all,

SyncMate worked without problems for a year. I was syncing iCal and my Android phone. I don't know which update broke the syncing, but some new entries were not synced to either direction. I then re-installed Syncmate on my phone and on my Mac, several times, reset the sync framework, try USB, try Bluetooth, etc. Now when I go to iCal plugin, choose "Sync only selected calendars", I can only get a list of calendars on my phone, and not those in iCal. If I create a completely new calendar in iCal, it won't appear on that list. I have tried everything except complete reinstall of OSX and hard reset to my phone, which I will not do. I hope to get this fixed and not have to revert to a paper calendar.. Anyone?

iCal calendars missing from the calendar list Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 08:10:57 AM
do you need this for a pc or mac?????the pc I can do.......

Re: iCal calendars missing from the calendar list Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 11:28:29 AM
Hi all,

SyncMate worked without problems for a year. I was syncing iCal and my Android phone. I don't know which update broke the syncing, but some new entries were not synced to either direction. I then re-installed Syncmate on my phone and on my Mac, several times, reset the sync framework, try USB, try Bluetooth, etc. Now when I go to iCal plugin, choose "Sync only selected calendars", I can only get a list of calendars on my phone, and not those in iCal. If I create a completely new calendar in iCal, it won't appear on that list. I have tried everything except complete reinstall of OSX and hard reset to my phone, which I will not do. I hope to get this fixed and not have to revert to a paper calendar.. Anyone?

Hello,

We are sorry for the delay in replying. The issue you've encountered is, most probably, related to hanging of Mac OS Sync Service and could be fixed by the correct restart of the driver. Please check the detailed instruction here:
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1627

Please try to proceed a driver restart through specific interface for Sync Service, called iSync. It could be downloaded from:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35834399/iSync.zip

After download, copy iSync.app to ~/Applications directory and launch, Sync Service icon will appear in Mac taskbar. After that you may proceed the following steps from Apple instruction:

"Hold the Option key on your keyboard, then click the Sync menu in the menu bar:
if you see the Sync menu but you are unable to open it, skip to step 8.
Choose Reset Sync Services.
Click Reset Sync History."

After performing of these steps the sync process should start working without a problem.

Then try to sync several times and let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

Re: iCal calendars missing from the calendar list Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 09:40:31 AM
From what I'm reading in the few posts here I'm thinking that SyncMate for Mac is suffering from the same issue as several other 3rd party Sync tools. Specifically that as of 10.7.4 Sync Services just doesn't do what it used to.

So I'm guessing that the Sync Services database is still readable but it isn't being updated at one end or the other.

The folks at Spanning Sync have been quite open about this and have retired their product because Apple supposedly is moving away from Sync Services.

I'm searching for a tool that still works (MS Outlook 2011 is tied to Sync Services) so I'd be happy for SyncMate coders to prove me wrong :-)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5