Probably it is TOP SECRET!!!...
OK this is Ann's answer for my first mail:
Please note that the first connection should be established via USB in order to install SyncMate driver on the mobile device. Normally SyncMate driver installation will pop up on your mobile device as soon as you attach it to your Mac. If it doesn't happen please check the following:
1) One of the possible reasons for connection failure is that Mac firewall blocks the connection or PDA firewall blocks driver installation. On Mac, try this: System Preferences -> Security/Sharing (Internet and Network)-> Firewall -> Allow All Incoming Connections.
I understand that setting your firewall to Allow all incoming connections is scary, but the fact is (confirmed by our testers and multiple clients reports) that Mac firewall's behavior is somewhat strange.
Still, you can try to temporary allow all connections to make sure that the problem is caused by the firewall.
2) If you are using Windows Mobile 6, we recommend to enable "Advanced network functionality". To do this, on your device go to: Start -> Settings -> Connections -> USB to PC.
3) Please, switch your mobile to a device mode. As you perhaps know the mobile phone can be detected by Mac in two modes: as a drive with folders or as a device (available for syncing). The mode which is to be enabled is called RNDIS or Active Sync Mode (differs depending on the device model).
4) Start > Program > Activ Sync > Menu > Connections > check box "Sync all PCs using this connection" > drop down list USB
5) Please follow System Preferences -> Sharing -> Internet Sharing. If "USB Ethernet (en1)" or "Win mobile device" option is enabled please uncheck it. Then restart your Mac.
I'm afraid it even doesn't touch WiFi....
Then she responds:
Please see attached a swf tutorial on how to configure wi-fi settings.
Please, let me know if you haven't received the attachment and give any alternative email where I can resend the SWF to.
it was nothing more in the swf than in the help
And no response for my answers
So a bit later i recived:
As I understand SyncMate driver is installed on your PDA and is set to "allow all"
Please check the IP you enter. Make sure that you enter it correctly (i.e 22.214.171.124 not 19623565 )
Make sure that you enter in SyncMate the same IP as in network adapter settings on the mobile device.
Please provide us with the detailed path to the network adapter, we will check it
Last sentence is incredible - it looks that they even not know WM6.1....
So I quit this conversation.... it not makes any sense....