Syncmate iTunes to Touch pro extremely slow..(Read 14455 times)
Syncmate iTunes to Touch pro extremely slow.. on: January 09, 2009, 06:52:15 AM
Does it seem extremely slow to anyone else?  Granted some of the mp3s are up to 7mb per song and it is syncing through two different operating systems.. but it's taken me over 3 hours just to get 2GB onto my microSD card through syncmate.  Is this normal or is there something you're all doing to speed it up?

Tony

Re: Syncmate iTunes to Touch pro extremely slow.. Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 01:18:01 PM
Please note that we are working on speeding-up the files transfer. Please wait for the forthcoming new SyncMate build release.

I would recommend you to subscribe to our Products Update notifications at http://www.eltima.com/software-updates/ This will enable you to select the product which is of interest to you and thus receive emails whenever the new build is released and the new product is released.

Re: Syncmate iTunes to Touch pro extremely slow.. Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 06:54:54 PM
Well, I've found that just closing out  every program speeds it up quite a bit.  A restart always helps. 
Have a new problem, though..  Doing multiple iTunes syncs have put 3 copies of each song on my microsd card.. is there an option to delete the additional copies?  Or do I have to format the card and start all over?

Thanks,
Tony

Re: Syncmate iTunes to Touch pro extremely slow.. Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 10:52:46 AM
Please, describe the exact sequence of your actions which precede putting multiple copies of the songs. Step-by-step description will help us to reproduce the issue you have encountered.

Let us know the SyncMate settings you applied. What files exactly you were syncing?

Re: Syncmate iTunes to Touch pro extremely slow.. Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 08:04:47 PM
Well the files I was transferring were mp3s from iTunes playlists.  I had set syncmate to sync overnight.  By the time I woke up only a few gigs would go on my phone and I'd need to take it with me to work.  Then I came home and tried syncing again (assuming it would just pick up where it left off.  Doing this process one or two more times is what caused there to be duplicate mp3s on my microSD card.

I'm also wondering if there's a way to export the actual playlist into a playlist on the Touch Pro?  As in a library.xml file or something that will organize the songs into already made playlists from iTunes rather than having to click each song, press add to playlist, save playlist etc.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 08:08:01 PM by HTC_Touch13 »

Re: Syncmate iTunes to Touch pro extremely slow.. Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 10:04:26 AM
Have you made any changes in Syncmate settings after you disconnected your mobile device? Resetting Sync history may result in overwriting existing files but not in duplicates creation.
Concerning your feature request: do you suggest to convert playlists from iTunes to Windows Media player playlist. If so, we will work on implementing this feature in one of the future versions of SyncMate.
I would like to recommend you to subscribe to our RSS feed to be first to know about SyncMate updates:
http://mac.eltima.com/rss/en-syncmate.rss

Re: Syncmate iTunes to Touch pro extremely slow.. Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 10:06:58 AM
I have a HTC Touch HD and just installed and subsequently purchased Eltima this morning. I really wanted this utility for syncing iTunes playlists as my iPod died yesterday. The sync speed for just 530mb is ridiculously slow, I am not impressed at all? Is there anything I can do to speed things up? Have I missed a setting somewhere? I am running on a unibody Macbook and have the latest ROM for the HTC.

Re: Syncmate iTunes to Touch pro extremely slow.. Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 02:45:50 PM
Please note that SyncMate works in Active Sync or RNDIS mode, it sets the limits in speed. We are working now on accelerating synchronization speed.
I would like to recommend you to subscribe to our RSS feed to be first to know about SyncMate updates:
http://mac.eltima.com/rss/en-syncmate.rss

Re: Syncmate iTunes to Touch pro extremely slow.. Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 06:03:56 AM
That would be a great option to convert iTunes playlists to Windows Media player playlists!  I'd definitely recommend it if it hasn't be implemented into v2 beta yet.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5