VSP AX OEM 6.2 - Inno Setup(Read 21734 times)
VSP AX OEM 6.2 - Inno Setup on: January 23, 2009, 09:17:07 AM
Hi,

i have a running application (in fact it is a windows service) developed with C# with VSP AX OEM 5.0

Since I want to start the windows service on Win2008 I'm using now VSP AX OEM 6.2.
Within Microsoft C# Express Edition there is no problem, I can add the new ActiveX Component.

My problem is the following:
My windows service can't be started (even on a WinXP PC). It is always in the state 'Will be started'. The vsport.dll is successfully registered during installation. With the old version 5.0 the windows service runs.

Here is an excerpt from my inno setup skript.
Code: javascript:void(0);
; VSP
Source: "VSP\*.*"; DestDir: "{app}\VSP"; Flags: ignoreversion
Source: "VSP\NT4\*.*"; DestDir: "{app}\VSP\NT4"; Flags: ignoreversion
Source: "VSP\NT5\*.*"; DestDir: "{app}\VSP\NT5"; Flags: ignoreversion
Source: "VSP\NT5x64\*.*"; DestDir: "{app}\VSP\NT5x64"; Flags: ignoreversion
Source: "VSP\NT6\*.*"; DestDir: "{app}\VSP\NT6"; Flags: ignoreversion
Source: "VSP\NT6x64\*.*"; DestDir: "{app}\VSP\NT6x64"; Flags: ignoreversion
Source: "VSP\Win9x\*.*"; DestDir: "{app}\VSP\Win9x"; Flags: ignoreversion

[Run]
; install the VSP
Filename: {app}\VSP\RegVSP.exe; StatusMsg: "{cm:RegVsport}"; Parameters:"""{app}\VSP\vsport.dll"" /i:""<name>#<code>"""; WorkingDir: {app}\VSP; Flags: runhidden;
Filename: "{app}\VSP\vspdxp_install.exe"; StatusMsg: "{cm:InstVsbus}"; Flags: runhidden;

Filename:"{app}\VcomConfigInit.exe"; Parameters: """{app}\VcomConfigInitParams.txt""";  WorkingDir: "{app}";

; uninstall the service (ignore if existing)
Filename: "{win}\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe"; StatusMsg: "{cm:UnInstSvc}"; Parameters: "VCOM_Server.exe /u"; WorkingDir: "{app}"; Flags: runhidden;

; install the service
Filename: "{win}\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe"; StatusMsg: "{cm:InstSvc}"; Parameters: "VCOM_Server.exe"; WorkingDir: "{app}"; Flags: runhidden;

; start the service
Filename: "net"; StatusMsg: "{cm:StartSvc}"; Parameters: "start ""vcom server"""; Flags: runhidden;

Due to my old skript I only changed the OEM licence code and added the line
Code: javascript:void(0);
Source: "VSP\NT6x64\*.*"; DestDir: "{app}\VSP\NT6x64"; Flags: ignoreversion
I copied everything from the eltima folder (C:\Programme\Eltima Software\6.2\) into my folder VSP.

As I said during installation of my windows service, vsport.dll registration is successful, but my windows service is not started.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot for your help

Re: VSP AX OEM 6.2 - Inno Setup Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 11:22:23 AM
Hello,

We are ready to help you and willing to do so very much. Unfortunately, we could not estimate where the root of the problem lies. I kindly ask you to test whether the problem occurs if launch compiled VC.NET example on target PC. Please, try to debug your service. You will see where exactly the problem occurs.

Thanks in advance.

Re: VSP AX OEM 6.2 - Inno Setup Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 02:51:29 PM
Hello,

thanks a lot for you help.

Should I try VSP AX OEM 6.2\Examples\VC.NET\MFC\Release\VC7Example.exe ?
Is this also a Windows service?

kind regards

Re: VSP AX OEM 6.2 - Inno Setup Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 09:36:50 AM
Hello,

Yes, you are right. Please try to launch VC7Example.exe

Please, note that it is not a Windows service.

Re: VSP AX OEM 6.2 - Inno Setup Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 08:52:41 AM
Hi,

VC7Example.exe doesn't work.
If I start VC7Example (ActiveX Version 5.0) everything is OK.

Thanks for your help

Re: VSP AX OEM 6.2 - Inno Setup Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 01:27:49 PM
Hello,

1) I kindly ask you to be more specific. What you mean exactly by "doesn't work". Are you able to launch the example? Did you try to create the COM port? Did you receive an error message?

2) Could you please try to launch vb6 compiled example(VSP AX OEM 6.0\Examples\VB6\ VB6Example.exe). If you receive the error message, please provide us with the screenshot.

I would appreciate your help in this matter.

Re: VSP AX OEM 6.2 - Inno Setup Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 09:18:48 AM
Hello,

I once tried on another WinServer 2008 the examples, both
examples don't work (see attached screenshots).

Thanks for your help

Re: VSP AX OEM 6.2 - Inno Setup Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 03:15:11 PM
Hello,

Thank you very much for the screenshots you provided.

Please, be informed that the problem you described means that some required libraries are not installed on target PC. Usually all libraries go along with studio. We would recommend you to find them and copy to your PC.

Re: VSP AX OEM 6.2 - Inno Setup Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 04:22:25 PM
Hi,

I added the missing files on the target PC.
Finally my window service is running  :)

Thanks for your help

Re: VSP AX OEM 6.2 - Inno Setup Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 05:08:00 PM
Hello,

I'm glad that it's now working as expected.

I would gladly answer any request for further information.

Re: VSP AX OEM 6.2 - Inno Setup Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 09:31:15 AM
Hello,

coming back to the topic I thought it was solved.
I've just installed my WinService on other WinXP and Server2008 PCs.

I've detected the following behaviour:
If I install my application, the vsport.dll is successfully registered, but my windows service can't be started.
But if I do the following everything is running:
I uninstall my application and install vspax_oem.exe (6.2). I run the MFD C++ Example and enter my license.
After this the examples is running.
I install my windows service application again and everything is running correctly (the windows service
starts like expected).

Do you have any idea? The strange thing is, that my vsport.dll is successfully during installation.
But my application is only running if vspax_oem.exe is also installed and registered.

Thanks a lot

Re: VSP AX OEM 6.2 - Inno Setup Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 11:00:44 AM
Hello,

What is the OS version on the PC where the problem occurs? Please, install your application and try to launch VB6 compiled example. If the error occurs, please send us the screenshot.

Also, please try to execute the following command: regsvr32 vsport.dll /i:"Name#code"

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5