Can't connect to shared USB device through INTERNET( but through LAN it works ) (Read 15548 times)
Hi there

I tried sharing several usb devices and connect through them with another computer with a different internet connection.

I forwared the right port. I tested the forwarding with http://www.canyouseeme.org

When I try to connect to the shared device, I enter the IP address then click on "find"
but nothing happens.

I investigated and read the server logs and this is the result

It seems it's trying to connect but instantly disconnect...
I tried with different usb devices, and still the same problem.
When I do the same manipulations but through my LAN network, it works.

Any idea ? I hope for a possible fix ... ;-)

Romain

Some news

You need to forward the following ports so you can share your device over internet :

TCP 5473
etc..

just go to the eltima knowledge base to know all the ports.

I've just tried sharing some usb devices ( dongle )

: ILOK seems to work ( only tried detecting my ilok through http://www.ilok.com )

-syncrosoft dongle seems not to work properly...
It worked when I tried to share a syncrosoft dongle from a PC to a MAC.
Now from a mac to mac, it's not working at all .
Syncrosoft dongle is detected in system profiler, but when you launch a software
that make uses of this dongle, it's freezing.

Romain

Currently there's a sort of technical limitation that result in the client part of USB to Ethernet Connector for Mac OS X working incorrectly with certain types of USB devices. iLok and eLicenser dongles are among them, and are not supported at the moment. We acknowledge that similar issues may exist with some other USB dongles.

Our developers are researching the possibilities to overcome the mentioned technical difficulties. Hopefully the situation will improve in one of the nearest updates of UEC for Mac OS X. Please stay tuned.

Hi Alexander,

thank you for your answer.

Lately, I tried several times to share an usb ilok dongle over internet and it worked perfectly.
So you're not very far from making elicenser dongle to work. I'm looking forward to it.

Romain

Currently there's a sort of technical limitation that result in the client part of USB to Ethernet Connector for Mac OS X working incorrectly with certain types of USB devices. iLok and eLicenser dongles are among them, and are not supported at the moment. We acknowledge that similar issues may exist with some other USB dongles.

Our developers are researching the possibilities to overcome the mentioned technical difficulties. Hopefully the situation will improve in one of the nearest updates of UEC for Mac OS X. Please stay tuned.

Hi Alexander,

I just tried the new demo version of USB network gate. And now ILOK and Steinberg key works flawlessly ! Congratulations.
I've worked with it a few minutes and didnt notice any crashes or problems.
Will test this more, but for now I'm very happy.

Hi Romain,

I just tried the new demo version of USB network gate. And now ILOK and Steinberg key works flawlessly ! Congratulations.
I've worked with it a few minutes and didnt notice any crashes or problems.

Sounds great! Thanks for sharing your test results.

By the way, another update is coming soon. The support of USB 3.0 devices, redesigned GUI and plenty of other improvements are on the list. Please stay tuned.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5