duplicate serial port after application crash(Read 9425 times)
duplicate serial port after application crash on: May 06, 2009, 09:51:38 AM
I'm using VSP ActiveX control in a .NET C# winform app.

Occasionally my app crashes while the VSP Ax is sniffing data sent to the COM port.

When this happens and I reload my app I notice there is a duplicate COM port in my list which I think is the virtual port created by VSP AX.

IS there a function or method where I can cleanup and delete any orphan ports ?

Thanks

Vamsi

Re: duplicate serial port after application crash Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 12:54:52 PM
Hello,

Please, try to connect to the COM port, using Attach method. PLease be informed that Attach method opens existing virtual serial port, previously created by CreatePort method. After that, deletes virtual serial port, using Delete Method.

Re: duplicate serial port after application crash Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 04:22:05 AM
I'm using  axSerialPortSniffer object.

It doesn't have a create port or attach method as it only sniffs an existing port.

I think the axSerialPortSniffer object creates the connection  between the virtual port and the real port when the following method is called:

axSerialPortSniffer.Start(sPort)

and to delete the virtual port :

axSerialPortSniffer.Stop()

However what happens when my application crashes is axSerialPortSniffer.Stop() is not called and the virtual port remains.

Re: duplicate serial port after application crash Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 12:51:47 PM
According to the information you provided, Serial Port Sniffer ActiveX Control is installed on your PC. Please, use ResetBus Method: http://wiki.eltima.com/user-guides/serial-sniffer-ax/reset-bus.html

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5