Non-flash site in Show Kit 2.0(Read 9221 times)
Non-flash site in Show Kit 2.0 on: August 19, 2009, 06:44:09 PM
I would appreciated if somebody could answer these 2 questions:

1) In Show Kit 2, when I select "Publish", then "Flash + HTML website", the program creates an additional folder called "html" which contains folder called "files". In this "files" folder I can only find jpg and mp3 files and 1 file called "index.css". How do I view the site in non-flash html format? The flash version of the site works without any problems.

2) When I select "Publish", then "Welcome page" - i see a new window with three sections with editable text. I add new text and then when I press the save icon, i'm prompted to create a file in rvf format. What do I do with this file next? How to set up this welcome page so that the visitors could select non-flash version if the want.

Thank you!

Re: Non-flash site in Show Kit 2.0 Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 03:00:46 PM
1) Actually, HTML version of published with Show.kit website is placed to

C:\Program Files\Show.kit 2.1\Published\default\FlashHTMLwebsite\html\

folder. All HTML pages are located in this folder. Show.kit generates each slide as a separate HTML page. Folder "files" contains CSS files, images, etc. In order to view published HTML website, just simply launch

C:\Program Files\Show.kit 2.1\Published\default\FlashHTMLwebsite\html\index.html

2) There is no need to click "Save" button to save changes for the welcome page. "Save" button serves for saving text of your customized content to a text file, which can be used later for editing welcome page in a different template. Thus, after editing welcome page, just simply click close button and after publishing the website your customized welcome page will be displayed. I would also recommend you to use FL2 template.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 03:07:02 PM by Travis »

Re: Non-flash site in Show Kit 2.0 Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 12:24:32 AM
I am using template FL6. I've indicated a different Publish directory in Preferences, but html files are not created either there or in the default directory you indicated. Any suggestions?
 Thanks.

Re: Non-flash site in Show Kit 2.0 Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 12:00:55 PM
As it can be derived from Show.kit Extras Area at

http://extras.show-kit.com/templates.php?tpl_category=0&category_page=1

FL6 template doesn't feature HTML version (refer to "Content" item for Template ID: FL6). That is why HTML version is not created while publishing your website.

If a template features HTML version, it is indicated "Content: Flash + HTML w/p". As I've recommended you before, you may try to use FL2 template for your specific need.

Re: Non-flash site in Show Kit 2.0 Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 04:30:53 PM
Oh, I see. Thank you very much for your prompt responses.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5