Slow Loading(Read 23949 times)
Slow Loading on: May 18, 2010, 11:20:57 AM
Can you guys improve the load time of flash decompiler ? On average it takes 28 seconds to fire up.

Right clicking on an swf file (2kb) in explorer and selecting open with  flash decompiler = 27 seconds

Clicking on shortcut on taskbar to open empty app = 29seconds.

I noticed the file explorer pane open before in FD showing all recent swf files, so thinking this was a factor I changed to an empty directory and restarted.. it made no difference.

OS used windows 7 64bit, flash decompiler used 4.1.2.740

thanks
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 11:23:51 AM by Chipfatoil »

Re: Slow Loading Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 02:47:35 PM
The fact is that Flash Decompiler Trillix launching time may vary depending on the following:

- hardware specifications and available system resources;

- amount of files on the Desktop: Flash Decompiler Trillix "reads" Desktop while building "File explorer" plus if there is an open folder on the network disk, it reads the amount of files in this open folder

- amount of files added to "My tasks" list.

We are constantly working on improving Flash Decompiler Trillix trying to minimize the time required for start up.

However, we would appreciate if you perform the following to provide us with the additional information so that we may take a closer look at the current issue:

1. Install Flash Decompiler Trillix debug build over already installed release build of Flash Decompiler Trillix.

Flash Decompiler Trillix debug build can be downloaded from:
http://rapidshare.com/files/389138380/flash_decompiler_trillix_log.zip.html
MD5: B1C3DF55BED90A1BF1290FB9AFB1B2DC

2. Download special utility for viewing debug info from:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896647.aspx

3. Launch Debug view utility (right-click Debug view utility and select "Run as Administrator"), leave it open.

4. Launch Flash Decompiler Trillix (right-click Flash Decompiler Trillix icon and select "Run as Administrator") and reproduce the issue.

5. Please, save the log from Debug view utility to TXT file and send it to us for investigation.

6. Let us know you detailed PC specifications.

Thank you.

Re: Slow Loading Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 12:52:42 PM
- amount of files on the Desktop: Flash Decompiler Trillix "reads" Desktop while building "File explorer" plus if there is an open folder on the network disk, it reads the amount of files in this open folder

- amount of files added to "My tasks" list.

Just clicking on the application itself takes 45 seconds to load. With no items in My Tasks. I use windows explorer to locate a swf file and load it, it takes a 3.8mb file 47.8 seconds to load.

I use flash decompiler every day and I really dont want to mess things up by replacing it with a debug build.

I don't use decompilers inbuilt file explorer to load flash files, so if you could provision for a future option in settings to allow users to turn it on/off (i.e .reading desktop files, network files etc).

I had issues with flash decompiler accepting the serial number before so I don't really want to mess about with a debug build over my current flash decompiler.

Re: Slow Loading Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 12:44:38 PM
I don't use decompilers inbuilt file explorer to load flash files, so if you could provision for a future option in settings to allow users to turn it on/off (i.e .reading desktop files, network files etc).
Due to the peculiarity of Flash Decompiler Trillix construction it is not possible to turn off these interface elements.

I am not sure whether this feature will be added in the future.

I use flash decompiler every day and I really dont want to mess things up by replacing it with a debug build.
Debug build is installed over the Flash Decompiler Trillix release build. When debug log is received you can simply (re)install release build one more time and all your settings will stay intact.

I had issues with flash decompiler accepting the serial number before so I don't really want to mess about with a debug build over my current flash decompiler.
Debug build that I provided you the link to in my post above doesn't clear registration information.

However, please, note that this debug build should be installed on Flash Decompiler Trillix version 4.1.2.740. It won't work with the latest release build.

Thus, if you've updated Flash Decompiler Trillix to the latest build (build 4.2.0.880 - see http://www.eltima.com/rss/en-flashdecompiler.rss) please, let us know and we will provide you with the new debug build which can work with this latest release build.

Re: Slow Loading Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 02:07:43 PM
Hi

I have the latest 4.2.0.880 build.

thanks

Re: Slow Loading Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 12:22:40 PM
Here is the new debug build: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10799772/flash_decompiler_trillix_log.exe

Instructions are the same as before (see my reply on May 19, 2010).

Re: Slow Loading Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 05:29:52 PM
thanks , I've fixed this by keeping the directory clean of other items it now loads pretty quick.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5