I wish it were that easy.
I do NOT have two of the same license installed on different PCs. If you read my notes of what steps I took, I reused a license key that I tried out on my local workstation. The copy that was on my local workstation was then uninstalled. I was able to determine that the problem is on the server itself, probably due to the not so thorough uninstall or something that was in the registry that the reinstall did not like. So, there is only ONE copy of that license currently installed. I have rebooted the server numerous times and it doesn't seem to recognize that fact.
I am unable to uninstall the app.
I am unable to open the app.
We normally maintain these servers remotely and I am not an admin, so I cannot take the server off the network myself and edit the license keys. But, again, there is only one copy of that license key installed, so I don't understand this issue. This app really has issues. We shouldn't have to take the server offline to edit licensing. That is just ridiculous. If there is a conflict, at least give me the opportunity to change the license key while the server is online. I will see if we can change the key while the server is offline again, but it shouldn't be requiring this.